Menu

White Zinfandel wine is gluten free - right? Hopefully?

I drink rarely and I buy cheap stuff. I love wine coolers, but the ones I like aren't gluten free. I think I've found a cheap replacement with Arbor Mist White Zinfandel Exotic Fruits. I hope.

I googled and it says most white wines are gluten free with few minor exceptions. I am sensitive to gluten, not celiac, so microscopic amounts probably don't matter. But I couldn't find anything specific.

So what was the consensus on white wine?

Almost all wine is gf. In fact I haven't found one that has gluten.

Have you tried hard cider? That's a good replacement for wine coolers.

I agree. I'm particularly fond of Angry Orchard apple ginger as I await the Woodchuck autumn brew. (Though I admit to being stumped as to where the gluten would come from in wine.)

Almost all wine is gf. In fact I haven't found one that has gluten.

Have you tried hard cider? That's a good replacement for wine coolers.

No, I will add that to my list.

I agree. I'm particularly fond of Angry Orchard apple ginger as I await the Woodchuck autumn brew. (Though I admit to being stumped as to where the gluten would come from in wine.)

That sounds yummy. I will add it to the fall rotation. :D

I like Angry Orchard too. Although it might be the name that does it for me. I love the name!

I didn't know they make autumn flavors.

Yeah, I don't even bother to check for gluten in wine and I'm very sensitive to tiny amounts.

I like Angry Orchard too. Although it might be the name that does it for me. I love the name!

Yeah, I don't even bother to check for gluten in wine and I'm very sensitive to tiny amounts.

Cheers to you all. You can drink wine and enjoy M&Ms, gluten free isn't so bad. Who said eating gluten free was hard. (kidding) :lol::lol: Add some Rice Chex and you're good for at least two meals. For lunch you get bacon.

Yes, I've already opened the bottle.

Cheers to you all. You can drink wine and enjoy M&Ms, gluten free isn't so bad. Who said eating gluten free was hard. (kidding) :lol::lol: Add some Rice Chex and you're good for at least two meals. For lunch you get bacon.

:lol: Enjoy your wine.

Just to clarify: Woodchuck makes seasonal flavors. Only the autumn brew gets me all excited, though. Angry Orchard - and I love the name and artwork, too - has the apple ginger all year. I like Hornsby's as a nice, apple-y, refreshing drink, too.

:cheers2:

Have you tried the Honey Nut Chex? AWESOME!!!

:cheers2:

Have you tried the Honey Nut Chex? AWESOME!!!

Yes, it's awesome. I also like the newer one, what is it Apple Cinnamon.

I looked for the "Like' button on this one!!:lol:

:lol::lol: There's a little more alcohol in that bottle than in the Boone's Farm one. Oh, wait I usually make a spritzer with that. I didn't last night.

Warning: BOXED wines are not GF. Use only bottled wines. True story. Filtering process for boxed wines uses gluten product.

:svengo:

So we could make a list. Things not good in a box:

Wine - bad, not gluten free

God - bad,

Curriculum - bad for us, we tried, didn't work

Things good in a box:

Chex cereals - the gf ones

Boxes brought by UPS, FedEX, and USPS - smiley face boxes are the best

Cat litter - as opposed to a cat who gets litter all over the house.