What's with the ads?

#1 jessicalb

jessicalb

Hive Mind Level 3 Worker: Honeymaking Bee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 214 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 01:13 PM

I'd like to be able to watch Netflix TV in Spanish to support our Spanish curriculum. Anyone know how to change the audio settings? I found where I think it should be, but I haven't yet found any movies that actually have Spanish as a choice. Is there a way to search for that?

Thanks!

#2 socalmom

socalmom

Hive Mind Level 2 Worker: Nurse Bee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 142 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 01:21 PM

I'm interested in this also! My DD is taking Spanish this year and I would love to find some movies in Spanish for her to watch. I'm going to look for some shows on the Spanish language cable channel to record on our DVR.

Margie

#3 jessicalb

jessicalb

Hive Mind Level 3 Worker: Honeymaking Bee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 214 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 02:23 PM

I'm interested in this also! My DD is taking Spanish this year and I would love to find some movies in Spanish for her to watch. I'm going to look for some shows on the Spanish language cable channel to record on our DVR.

Margie

One thing I did find is that many of our DVDs that we already own have a Spanish language track. Check yours - it's very entertaining to watch long-time favorites in Spanish! :)

#4 redsquirrel

redsquirrel

The Stuff of Legends

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7269 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 03:04 PM

I have looked for a way, and been unsuccessful. But maybe others have had better luck.

Some movies that we have rented as DVD have come with a Spanish option, but not all. A few we own have it as well, again, not all.

So, I guess first it would depend if the movie even has even been dubbed in Spanish, and then Netflix has to make the Spanish track an option for streaming.

#5 dbmamaz

dbmamaz

Hive Mind Queen Bee

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3753 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 03:48 PM

Yeah, pretty sure thats not an option. You would just have to look for spanish language movies, which will all be subtitled in english. You might check the library for some spanish-language versions of movies you know?

#6 socalmom

socalmom

Hive Mind Level 2 Worker: Nurse Bee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 142 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 07:55 PM

One thing I did find is that many of our DVDs that we already own have a Spanish language track. Check yours - it's very entertaining to watch long-time favorites in Spanish! :)

Great idea! Thanks.

Margie

#7 redsquirrel

redsquirrel

The Stuff of Legends

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7269 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 10:16 PM

You can change the audio to Spanish and have an English subtitle. That is very useful. My friend is an ESL teacher and she does the opposite (audio English with subtitles in native language) for her students. It lets them hear the language but keeps then grounded in the story. It also helps them pick out individual words as they go along.

What's with the ads?