What's with the ads?

Photo

Where/how do you store your mops, brooms, etc.

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

What's with the ads?

#1 Hoggirl

Hoggirl

Amateur Bee Keeper

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4351 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 09:59 PM

We moved a week ago, and we really do not have a good spot in our laundry room for keeping tall-handled things. There is no closet, and I am going to put a rolling hanging rack in the only tall spot that has no cabinets. Can I keep the mop and broom in the garage? Any clever way to store these items?

Thanks.

#2 kalanamak

kalanamak

Geriatric Primipara

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16200 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 10:03 PM

We moved a week ago, and we really do not have a good spot in our laundry room for keeping tall-handled things. There is no closet, and I am going to put a rolling hanging rack in the only tall spot that has no cabinets. Can I keep the mop and broom in the garage? Any clever way to store these items?

Thanks.

I have a flat metal strip with springloaded grippers on it. You push the handle of the broom in and it holds it off the ground, flat against the wall.
For something a bit heavier, hubby had a bigger plastic strip with metal (covered in rubbery stuff) "S" shaped on a hinge. You put your kayak paddle or mop or whatever in the curve and the downward pull makes the S move close to the wall and the rubbery stuff won't let it slip.

#3 Acorn Island

Acorn Island

Hive Mind Worker Bee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 78 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 10:11 PM

:iagree:

I use the rubber coated s-hook thing the previous poster described. It is in the garage, but just outside the back door. When I need a broom or mop, I just reach into the garage and grab it. It actually works pretty well!

#4 Ellie

Ellie

Beekeeping Professor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23490 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 10:14 PM

Mine are in the garage, but the door to the garage is *right there.*

#5 Hoggirl

Hoggirl

Amateur Bee Keeper

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4351 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 10:18 PM

I have a flat metal strip with springloaded grippers on it. You push the handle of the broom in and it holds it off the ground, flat against the wall.
For something a bit heavier, hubby had a bigger plastic strip with metal (covered in rubbery stuff) "S" shaped on a hinge. You put your kayak paddle or mop or whatever in the curve and the downward pull makes the S move close to the wall and the rubbery stuff won't let it slip.

Sounds great, but I am not "getting" it. Is there a name for such a thing? Can someone post a picture? I am not sure I would even know what to ask for at Lowe's? :001_smile:

#6 kalanamak

kalanamak

Geriatric Primipara

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16200 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 10:20 PM

Sounds great, but I am not "getting" it. Is there a name for such a thing? Can someone post a picture? I am not sure I would even know what to ask for at Lowe's? :001_smile:

Broom holders. I think we got ours from Lowe's or Home Despot. I will google.

http://www.google.co...9QEwBA&dur=2597

Don't get the ball kind "magicholder". Hassle, slip, hassle, slip. Bulkier, too.

Imagine this one with only the two end holder-types. You push up lightly from below and then let the broom down and the S tightens it against the wall.

http://www.overstock...73/product.html

Edited by kalanamak, 26 August 2012 - 10:26 PM.

#7 KungFuPanda

KungFuPanda

Yoga Pants Slut

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7959 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 10:24 PM

I have a thingy to hang them on. It's mounted to the wall heading down the basement steps.

#8 Excelsior! Academy

Excelsior! Academy

Hive Mind Queen Bee

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2938 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 10:24 PM

This.

http://www.amazon.co...k/dp/B0000ZLMJI

#9 kalanamak

kalanamak

Geriatric Primipara

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16200 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 10:27 PM

This.

http://www.amazon.co...k/dp/B0000ZLMJI

This one works, too. (I can't believe I have 5 types. Hubby keeps his shovels and oars and camping stuff hung on the heavier duty ones.)

#10 Hoggirl

Hoggirl

Amateur Bee Keeper

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4351 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 10:31 PM

thanks! a picture is worth a thousand words! I get it now!:D

#11 Impish

Impish

Domestic Goddess of Impishness

• Members