Menu

US Hx 2 - just focus on important events?

I realize that title is hard to understand...our situation is a bit unusual. I'm wondering if anyone has done a broad sweep of all US History for part I (just 1/2 credit), and then a focus on most important events for part II at a deeper level with more mature resources? (but not so indepth that it could be AP - we will only need and have time for a 1/2 credit in the future)

We're doing Am Hx I with Am Gov this year but also need to cover enough US history (for Am Hx II) to review the most important events/aspects (American Revolution, US Industrial revolution, Imperialism, 'the American model' from a European perspective, US involvement in the World Wars, and the Cold War) again in 11th to prepare for the Swiss exams which will cover those very same subjects. They'll be asking real consolidation of learning type of questions so we'll really need to redo those topics...

Just wondering if anyone has made a path with this approach??

And I've been searching old US Hx threads and have found an amazing amount of info and am very grateful to all who have posted their resources and approaches in those. :-)

Thanks,

Joan