Menu

Unsolicited "shout out" to Jann in Tx for her math classes

Just wanted to plug Jann's math classes. My dd was fearful entering Algebra I but after the Boot Camp Jann did she's feeling very confident and even went so far as to say she thinks math this year, "is going to be easy. It's very understandable the way she's teaching it."

What a compliment from this student who has never fully felt confident regarding her math abilities.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest ctrhsmom

My son took Geometry from her last year. She is not only a great teacher - but a wonderful, patient person! We had a CRAZY year...husband left state for a new job, selling house, packing house, stuff in storage, temp housing for months...We had so many issues with computers, internet, lost assignments, etc...but Jann was always So understanding and helpful! She was so willing to help my son through it all. Thanks Jann!

• 1 month later...

My daughter is taking her Pre-Algebra Honors class and loves it! We joined a week ago. This a girl who has struggled with Math since 6th grade when they skipped a year in Math and said it would be ok. We got stuck for 3 years because of skipping a year. Jann sensed that my daughter had lost her confidence in Math and she really hit the nail on the head. My daughter is gaining her confidence back even though she is still behind grade-wise in Math.

My (now) 18yo DS took Alegebra II with her before starting math at the community college a few years ago. His confidence level skyrocketed after that experience, and he has since gotten straight As in 2 semesters of Pre-Calc, Calc I, Calc II, and is now acing Vector Calculus. We are very grateful to Jann!

My daughter is taking her Pre-Algebra Honors class and loves it!........

My dd is in the same class! :) My dd doesn't love math (never has), but she really likes Jann as a teacher, and so do I. :thumbup: I'm so grateful we found her, and I hope to have my dd stick with her through high school math.

• 3 months later...

Add me to the list of happy parents!

My dd is in Jann's Algebra 2 class and has gone from feeling she "wasn't good at math" to seeing for herself that she *is* good at math! Her confidence has skyrocketed and she is enjoying math for the first time.

Also add me to the list of parents who wished Jann offered a pre-calc course.... I'm at a loss as to what to do for math next year! :001_unsure:

Elder ds (now a senior) took Jann for Alg 1, geometery, and alg 2. He hated math before Jann. After alg 1, he insisted upon Jann as a teacher. After finishing with Jann, he was well-prepared for college math (COMPASS tested into college calculus, but couldn't take it because it had a pre-calc prerequisite). DS 2 (now in 9th grade) took alg 1 with Jann in 8th grade. Although he struggled mightily with the class, he finished the class with an A and a fondness for Jann. He required MANY tutoring sessions which Jann provided with enthusiasm.

We call her "Auntie Jann" in our home because she has been much more than a teacher to us. :laugh: