Menu

Artistic Pursuits vs. Meet the Masters?

thenichols

I'm using Artistic Pursuits Book 2 K-3 this fall with both ds9 and dd5. Ds is not particularly interested in art, and dd loves it, so I'm hoping some will rub off on ds. Dd is also at the same artistic level as ds.

I've used both and my personal preference is Meet the Masters. Lots more art appreciation (ie, you get to see more of the artist's work and get to know an artist in greater depth) and better projects (I find Artistic Pursuits - I have Book 1 - to have very open ended projects - which is great, but I wanted something that taught a bit more about the elements of art). However, if you want chronological art history, Artistic Pursuits is better. My kids like both. Another option might be Home Art Studio. It's only $24.95 per video. My kids love that one the best.

I have never used Meet the Masters, so I can't comment on that one. We love Artistic Pursuits though. I used K-3 Book 1 with my then 5 & 8 year old and they both did well with it. I liked that I could just teach the one lesson and have them both complete a project.