Menu

The Man in the Yellow Hat

Do you think the Man in the Yellow Hat would make a great catch?  

1. 1. Do you think the Man in the Yellow Hat would make a great catch?

• Yes! He's independently wealthy and great with kids.
    • No way! I would NOT want to put up with his pet monkey.
    • Are you kidding? I can't believe I'm voting in such a ridiculous poll.

I may sound totally materialistic here, but I would be really swayed by the convertible, the country house, the penthouse apartment with a doorman, and the fact that he must apparently have a house keeper. I think I would probably go for it... except that I'm probably allergic to monkeys.

So yeah, the guy from Lazy Town would probably be a better choice. Or maybe Professor Doofenshmirtz from Phineas and Ferb. I really think I could change his evil ways...

Uh, no. Too tall and too lax and a little aloof. Plus, I was always under the impression that he was possibly in the closet (which isn't a problem for me, except I wouldn't exactly be his type ;)).

My kids love George, own several books, and check at least one more out every week at the library, but I seriously want to scream at the end of every story when the monkey's huge screw-ups are overlooked because he stumbled unintentionally into one nice deed. Stole a hot air balloon? No worries, because it's somehow the same exact day someone's stranded on Mount Rushmore and you just happened to be in the airspace! If I was the Man with the Yellow Hat, there would be no more vacations. Ever!

As far as other shows, I grew up with a crush on Steve from Blue's Clues.

Guest submarines
Okay Ladies, if you were not happily married (and if you were animated), would you date the Man in the Yellow Hat from "Curious George"? Or would his eccentric wardrobe get in the way.?

I wouldn't date anyone while married, even if unhappily, even if I were animated. :tongue_smilie:

Plus, I was always under the impression that he was possibly in the closet (which isn't a problem for me, except I wouldn't exactly be his type ;)).

Exactly!

When I saw the title of this post, I immediately thought it was going to be a "Is he or isn't he?" poll. :tongue_smilie:

NOOOO, he annoys me. And his pet monkey is nothing but trouble. TROUBLE, I tell you! Besides, any man who dresses monochromatically has issues that I don't have time to deal with.

What she said.

Anyway, my Picture Book Crush is already established: Chrysanthemum's dad. Granted, he's spoken for (and a mouse, but whatever), but I adore him. He tells his daughter that the girls picking on her are "envious and begrudging and discontented and jaundiced." Take that, Yellow Hat Man.

No, he's a total airhead. He trusts that curious monkey way too much.

:iagree: How many times will he just warn George to be good before he realizes that he needs to follow through with a bit more supervision?

Nope. He is clueless and irresponsible. If that is how he takes care of a monkey, how could I trust him with a child?

No way!! If he can't take care of a pet monkey, he is clearly too irresponsible to care for my children. Seriously, can you imagine him leaving a toddler at home, "Don't be too curious!" Yeah, right!:lol:

:iagree:, I actually went with the Are you kidding option. Because I don't mind George and would if I was an animated character and single date another animated character with a pet monkey.

That being said the man with the yellow hat is foolish. Seriously every episode we hear, "Be a good little monkey!" Really? The monkey gets into mischief every day multiple times, watch it, don't leave it to get into more trouble!

Oh and he did leave a little girl alone at one point in time. He was watching George and Allie (she appears to be around 4) at his country house while they were playing together. Then he heads out to town to the store, and tells them "Be a good little monkey and girl." Really? If George was a child he would have been removed due to neglect by CPS by now.

Almost all the adults in the tv show and movie annoy me actually they are all a few cards short of a full deck.

I guess that may have actually turned into a rant, maybe I've been watching too much Curious George recently. I actually like the movie and the show, but I can't stand most of the adults in the show.

His wardrobe wouldn't bother me.

His inability to properly supervise and discipline his Primate Pet-Child would. ;) That little bratty monkey gets away with murder -- well, almost:

"The Man with the Yellow Hat showed George that his friend was not moving. George was very sad and promised never to play with controlled substances again. Then he and the Man with the Yellow Hat went out for ice cream. The End."

Okay, I guess that would be involuntary manslaughter, but still.

What she said.

Anyway, my Picture Book Crush is already established: Chrysanthemum's dad. Granted, he's spoken for (and a mouse, but whatever), but I adore him. He tells his daughter that the girls picking on her are "envious and begrudging and discontented and jaundiced." Take that, Yellow Hat Man.

:lol: Nothing warms my heart like a man with a good vocabulary.

This has nothing to do with the question, but I will always remember a line from the "Curious George" cartoon. Someone is on the phone, and says, "I gotta go. There's a monkey and a weiner dog at the door." For some reason, that totally cracked me up! And still does. :D

Wendi

:iagree: How many times will he just warn George to be good before he realizes that he needs to follow through with a bit more supervision?

:iagree: and why is George treated like a hero when he messes up and then things happen to work out. What is that teaching? Hey do what you want, and if it somehow comes out ok then it doesnt matter that you totally disobeyed. George needs Ritalin...

He's a kidnapper! He captured George in the jungle of Africa and brought him back with the intention of putting him the zoo. Actually, he did put him I the zoo. then George escaped! George should have been left to live in the wild. I was shocked when I read the original book recently. :lol:

I don't think it would work out. George is outta control, and he needs some serious discipline. I'm afraid that urging the Man in the Yellow Hat to spank his monkey would lead to some confusion. Especially if I insisted he spank the monkey in public.

No, he's a total airhead. He trusts that curious monkey way too much.

:iagree:

Thank you, Jen, for bringing this essential subject of debate to our attention.

:lol:

I'm afraid that urging the Man in the Yellow Hat to spank his monkey would lead to some confusion.

:smilielol5::smilielol5::smilielol5:And I now have to tell to my 7 yo (who wonders why I'm laughing) that I won't explain the joke to her.

I don't think it would work out. George is outta control, and he needs some serious discipline. I'm afraid that urging the Man in the Yellow Hat to spank his monkey would lead to some confusion. Especially if I insisted he spank the monkey in public.

:lol::lol::lol:

TRUE STORY: I cried when I moved from the eastern side of the state to the city. On my way home first day of work (I was newly21), driving my big pick up truck in the midst of snazzy sporty things in stop and go traffic on the highway, there was a guy....doing that.....while driving.....and no intent to cover it up. It haunts me to this day.

But as for The man in the hat. He does not really have the best parenting skills. He seems like he'd be pretty clumsy...if ya know what I mean :lol:

:lol::lol::lol:

Edited by jenbrdsly