Menu

Pregnacy or skipped period? (TMI?)

Menstrual cycle experts, please help me! I don't usually track my cycle but my last period seemed longer than usual and for four days I thought I might be pregnant. I didn't want to deal with all that uncertainty and stress so I got an app to track my period. Well I'm on day 42 since my last period started. (Period started June 18.)

I do have a medication that could cause a skipped period (but to my knowledge that's never happened before.) I have stayed a consistent weight for 6 months. I haven't been overly stressed (except for those four days) and I have dealt with much more stress before with no skipped period. I'm probably not getting enough fats in my diet, though (but I'm 165 so I'm sure I have enough fat for a period.)

The thing is I only had....unfiltered teA on day 35! (July 22) I was late, so I thought I was safe. If you are having a skipped period, does the egg stay viable? Could I be pregnant? And if I am, how long before it shows up on a pregnancy test? Because clearly the "day you miss your period" does not apply. That's about 2 weeks, right? :confused: I took a test Friday morning, but it was negative (not expecting it to show up, but dh insisted.)

Please help! And TIA!

(We are not trying to get pregnant right now.)

I've tracked my cycles for several years because we practice NFP. My cycle lengths are irregular and range between 24 & 36 days but I've occasionally had longer ones. Towards the end of June we were traveling and my cycle was a few days late. I had some spotting and thought my cycle was starting and we thought we were safe:tongue_smilie:

Apparently thanks to travel I ovulated way late and what I thought was the start of my period was actually ovulation. Now I'm seven weeks pregnant and still not totally over being shocked.

I have in the past had really long cycles that I never had an explanation for so the only way to know is to test. Fwiw I waited until about day 40 and then took 4 tests because I kept thinking it must be a mistake.

In the spirit of full disclosure...I don't consider this a NFP failure. I didn't cross check all the things you are supposed to before deciding it was safe. We were on vacation, had a little champagne because it was my birthday and were apparently feeling less cautious than normal.

Edited by acurtis75@yahoo.com