Menu

How often do you schedule The Fallacy Detective?

I can only tell you what I'm planning to do this year.

I plan on going through it twice per week for 30 minutes at a time. I don't have anything else scheduled for logic this year, so whenever we finish it, we're done.

We did one chapter a week, taking about 45-50 minutes per chapter, and so took 1 year to do the book. BEST of luck in scheduling how it works best for your family! Warmly, Lori D.

Same here, and we were glad for it because it allowed plenty of time for discussion. I personally would not have liked to do FD 2x during the week. Dd looked forward to having it on Fridays, along with other electives/one day only subjects.

The tone of FD is humorous and light, and it's a great intro to logic. After a year of doing it we are going to move on to formal logic that we will have 2x week.

Blessings,

Lucinda

Same here, and we were glad for it because it allowed plenty of time for discussion. I personally would not have liked to do FD 2x during the week. Dd looked forward to having it on Fridays, along with other electives/one day only subjects.

Could you expound on why you wouldn't have liked to do it twice per week? How long did you do it on the once per week schedule (set amount of time or whatever it took to finish each chapter)? How many weeks did you take to finish the book?

The odd duck here ;) -- we did a little bit every day. We'd read the lesson one day, and then do a few of the exercises each day. The short but frequent exposure to the concepts really helped them "stick" with ds. Not saying that another approach can't be as effective -- but it worked well for us.