Menu

What is grade 1 and 2 Math?/SchoolAid Math

Hunter

Is anyone using Schoolaid math? I'm looking through all my 3rd grade math books and I think some of my tutoring students haven't really mastered 1st and 2nd grade math :tongue_smilie:

Addition and subtraction facts are supposed to be fully mastered by the end of 2nd grade? Addition and subtraction word problems are supposed to be fully mastered by the end of 2nd grade?

I never looked at the SchoolAid Math and just have the Study Time grade 3. It looks like addition word problems are fully tackled in grade 1? http://samples.rodandstaffbooks.com/37-312/

I've been using bits and pieces of things to tackle the 4 math operations, but I think I've made a mistake starting students without addition and subtraction mastery in a grade 3 textbook?

I just keep backing and backing and backing up :tongue_smilie: I isolate what is slowing them down and causing the mistakes and realize it's in earlier books, and just keep doing that. Some of them have done some high school math but make lots of mistakes and are slow and can't do word problems at ALL. So if they don't know the addition facts and addition word problems, 1st grade is where that is taught, huh? :confused: Wow!