What's with the ads?

#1 elegantlion

elegantlion

An Adventure Awaits

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24703 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 11:51 AM

I ordered a desk from Staples. It's listed to be delivered by Staples courier. Our nearest store is an hour away. I ordered Sunday and it's supposed to be here tomorrow. How does that work? Do they just send a courier with stuff from the store? Do they maybe have a warehouse in town? Just curious, I've never had a delivery from them before.

#2 natalie

natalie

Hive Mind Level 2 Worker: Nurse Bee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 145 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 12:27 PM

We live 1 hour 45 minutes from a Staples. I order from them frequently. It always shows up when it is estimated to, almost always the next day. Usually it is someone driving a Staples van, but once it was a guy in a pickup truck. It was the store manager ... he said it was a nice day (we live in a rural area so there) and he didn't feel like being cooped up in the store!

To answer your question ... yes, it is a courier from their store.

#3 elegantlion

elegantlion

An Adventure Awaits

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24703 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 01:02 PM

We live 1 hour 45 minutes from a Staples. I order from them frequently. It always shows up when it is estimated to, almost always the next day. Usually it is someone driving a Staples van, but once it was a guy in a pickup truck. It was the store manager ... he said it was a nice day (we live in a rural area so there) and he didn't feel like being cooped up in the store!

To answer your question ... yes, it is a courier from their store.

Okay, that's kind of cool.

#4 Myeightkiddies

Myeightkiddies

Hive Mind Queen Bee

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1792 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 01:02 PM

I've had Staples items arrive in a Staples marked van, plain white van, and even a UPS truck. They have always been on time. Before we had a Staples store in town, they drove an hour plus to deliver.

What's with the ads?