Menu

Canadian Geography

Has anyone use the Canadian geography books by Apple Press? I've seen them on a few stores online, but I can't find previews anywhere. I hate spending money on things, not knowing if they are good or not.

We are doing a year long Canadian geography unit this coming year. Then in history we are covering Natives and explorers. So I was thinking that book 6 would go along with the history lessons.

Then maybe one of the earlier books for the geography. I do have Canada My Country by Donna Ward, but it mainly covers the physical areas and really there is just a small blurb on each area and a map to colour. Half the book is on people and government. All good, but not our full focus this year!

When we start this fall our kids will be dd10 in grade 5, dd8 in grade 3 and dd6 (7 in the late fall) in grade 2.

I want to read our way across the country learning about both the geographical areas and provinces/territories as we go.

I was also wondering, if the books build largely on the previous ones? We have not done a lot of map work, other than some of the SOTW maps.

Are there any other great Canadian geography resources?

Thanks!!

I don't know if this suits you, but I think that the booklet used to study for the citizenship test for Canada is well-made.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/publications/discover/index.asp

I should say - I haven't read this version - it seems more thorough than the old version I am acquainted with. Lots of nice pictures too.

Tjej

I don't know if this suits you, but I think that the booklet used to study for the citizenship test for Canada is well-made.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/publications/discover/index.asp

I should say - I haven't read this version - it seems more thorough than the old version I am acquainted with. Lots of nice pictures too.

Tjej

Thanks! It does look like a nice summary.

• 2 years later...