Menu

Beijing

Is anyone here going to Beijing for the Olympics?

Do you know anyone who is going (any of us mortals, I mean)?

Do you know any athletes or coaches who are going?

Do you know any Olympic athletes or coaches who are going?

Is anyone here going to Beijing for the Olympics?

Do you know anyone who is going (any of us mortals, I mean)?

Do you know any athletes or coaches who are going?

Do you know any Olympic athletes or coaches who are going?

Yes yes yes and yes!! My step parents are going! Dad was only 17 seconds away from making the Olympics back in his days (running) and has followed his friends careers! He still trains with his old Olympic coaches for fun now. For Xmas, us kidos and his office crew bought him and mom plane tickets to China! They are going for gymnastics and a few other ceremonies. I can't believe the cost and the hoops China is making the US Citizens go through---

And on another note, Logan, my nieces gymnastics coach & family friend.. made the team as an alternate! We're all SOOO excited for him!

Heres Logan on the tramp at our gym, with coach Peter, a ex. Olympian. himself :tongue_smilie:

Not this year! But, my dh's first cousin, Tom Wilkens, was the captain of the Sydney Olympic swim team! He got a bronze medal in the 100 breast stroke! We were up at 4 am watching his splits on the computer (they didn't show it live). It was SOOOO much fun!

I'd love to go someday to watch. Dh wants to watch crew - he rowed in college for Penn and trained with the US National Team for a while.