Menu

Forum Game - Who wants to play again?

In order to prevent the original thread from becoming too long and being lost in cyberspace, this new one is being started. All current contributors and any new posters are all more than welcome!!!! This is the place to say what you think when you first read a thread title. :tongue_smilie:

Here's the original post from the original thread:

I've read so many thread titles lately which ask a question. Often I come up with an answer that has absolutely nothing to do with what the OP meant by the question, but I can't help coming up with the replies anyway. So ... thought I'd start a thread where we can post replies when they come to mind. This may be totally lame, so feel free to say so if it is. :lol:

And here's the link to the original thread: http://www.welltrainedmind.com/forums/showthread.php?t=205608&highlight=forum+game

Okay ... so who's going first?

Edited by Teachin'Mine

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

help... how do you know if it's the appendix?!?

Usually the appendix is found at the back of the book and lists relevant resources. If it's at the front, it's the table of contents.

Apartments popular in Cochin

That's pretty good. Here in Seattle we like to live in cardboard boxes.

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Edited by Northwest_Mama

What is your secret weirdness?

come closer and I will whisper it in your ear....

How did we decide to trap gnats?

...ummm, you are a homeschooler on a homeschool forum, do you need any more explanation on anything strange you are doing?

Anyone else VERY excited about next year?

For Pete's sake, I am still trying to recover from THIS year!

Edited by Northwest_Mama

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Thanks for starting a new thread! I would have been sad if all that goodness had been lost. Have you asked the mods to lock the other one to save it?

:lol: No ... that would have been smart.

I'll go to the old one and post and then report my post. :tongue_smilie: That's the only way I know to contact the mods. :lol:

Thank you to Heather and everyone for getting this one off to such a great start!!!! I'm :lol: at all of them!!!

Just saying... but maybe the PTB had good reason to lock the other thread like this. And two things that are supposed to be against board rules are using the board to talk about the board, and resurrecting locked threads.

In order to prevent the original thread from becoming too long and being lost in cyberspace' date=' this new one is being started. All current contributors and any new posters are all more than welcome!!!! This is the place to say what you think when you first read a thread title. :tongue_smilie:

Here's the original post from the original thread:

I've read so many thread titles lately which ask a question. Often I come up with an answer that has absolutely nothing to do with what the OP meant by the question, but I can't help coming up with the replies anyway. So ... thought I'd start a thread where we can post replies when they come to mind. This may be totally lame, so feel free to say so if it is. :lol:

And here's the link to the original thread: http://www.welltrainedmind.com/forums/showthread.php?t=205608&highlight=forum+game

Okay ... so who's going first?[/quote']

AWWWWW Man! I had some pretty good ones over there

I think you are confused. The "PTB" didn't lock (or block) the first thread. It was just getting too long so the creator started a new one. The person who said "Thanks for starting a new thread! I would have been sad if all that goodness had been lost. Have you asked the mods to lock the other one to save it?" was suggesting to make sure and "save" the first thread by having them lock it. I am sure if this was "against the rules", it would have been stopped by now. If you are personnaly offended by any of it, then I am sorry :(

Just saying... but maybe the PTB had good reason to lock the other thread like this. And two things that are supposed to be against board rules are using the board to talk about the board, and resurrecting locked threads.

Thank you! Yes. I've honestly never found this funny. The site loads like molasses as it is.

Not that I want hate mail, or people reaming my typos...but this thread has always seemed a bit hackneyed to me.

I'm sorry; try not to hate me until the end of time.

Edited by LibraryLover

Anyone else sharing toys and school stuff?

No. What's mine is mine, and what's yours is yours.

Science foe 6th grade

Early adolescence is really a time to be developing a closer relationship with your child, not taking sides against him or her (and especially over a non-issue like science).

Mummy: Chicken or Orange?

Hmmm, I don't believe that I have developed a taste for mummies, so I will just skip the appetizer tonight, thanks.

Would "Writing With Skill" be overkill?

While I believe that "writing with competency" would be satisfactory for most educators, I don't think that shooting for a higher mastery of the subject could be considered overkill, no.

男子驾车被埋雪中二个月存活 吃雪保持性命(图)

وأنا أيضا، لديها العديد من المحافظ مصمم جميل للبيع وهمية

They did have a good reason to lock it - I asked them too. ;) Someone had suggested that when threads get too long, they can be deleted. To keep the original thread in tact, this one was started as a continuation. No board rules against having fun. :001_smile:

You've got a great sense of humor, so I can't imagine you haven't read some thread titles and had a quick response come to mind. Here's the place to share them so others can have a chance to spit coffee on their screen. :D

They did have a good reason to lock it - I asked them too. ;) Someone had suggested that when threads get too long' date=' they can be deleted. To keep the original thread in tact, this one was started as a continuation. No board rules against having fun. :001_smile:

[b']You've got a great sense of humor,[/b] so I can't imagine you haven't read some thread titles and had a quick response come to mind. Here's the place to share them so others can have a chance to spit coffee on their screen. :D

But it's not that funny. Once in a blue moon, maybe, but in general...This site is slow enough as it is.

Edited by LibraryLover

AWWWWW Man! I had some pretty good ones over there

Yes you did!!! It's still available for reading ... just been locked to prevent it from getting so long that it has to be deleted. :001_smile: It was getting close to 2000 posts. :svengo:

Can't rest on your laurels ... time to post some new gems here! :D