Menu

What is the story behind your username?

besroma

momtoamiracle - it was a miracle I ever had a child. Before my son I had one m/c and two ectopics - nearly dying in the process. Lost a tube and most of my fertility. After months of trying and fertility treatments, was finally able to conceive and carry him to term. Tried to have another but with increased infertility and more loss, so we have only one.

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When I was 10-11 one of my favorite books was From The Mixed Up Files of Mrs. Basil E. Frankweiler. Until my late teens I had never heard of the custom of addressing a woman by her husband's full name, so I assumed that that the Basil E. Frankweilers had a ridiculously long name and, in my head, shortened it to Mrs. Basil.

When I signed up here I went with that because I couldn't think of anything else.

The avatar is because I like Perry. I've thought about changing it to the character from my favorite cartoon ever, but no one besides me ever knows who Freakazoid is and I've gotten lots of nice comments about Perry.

Yes it is! That was back on Halloween, she was a little love bug. You can't see the wings, but she was so cute. I put makeup on her cheeks and nose *sigh* She's not crawling anymore. She's walking now *sniff sniff* and climbing *grumbles grumbles grumbles* Still got the good kissable cheeks though!

They are noticeable.

I loved my first username, but it was known to someone I wish didn't know it. It was the name of my first and favorite dog.

Juniper is from my favorite childhood book, Wisechild by Monica Furlong. I loved the strong character of Juniper and I admired the Catholic author for deftly handling the subject of witchcraft. :001_smile:

I chose a username very similar to this for my email address back when I first became a SAHM. I was then a rather depressed mom of boys and I thought typing "happymom..." every day, sometimes multiple times a day, would help me feel like a happy mom. I used this username on other message boards when I started thinking about homeschooling.

I'd say for the most part it has worked and I do feel like a happier mom. That could be because my kids are growing up and I'm maturing as a mom. But I think that if I'd called myself "grumpymom" or "miserablemom" I probably would have stayed that way a lot longer.

Most likely! Other than myself or DH, I've never seen another "Barbecue" name. It was probably Halo.

That's so funny that we would bump into each other here. I'm Trillian07 on xbox live...haven't been on in a long, long time though. This homeschooling thing keeps taking up all my spare time.:glare:;)

It's the first two letters of my first name, middle name, and last name.

DS8 used to say 'jomamas' instead of 'pajamas.'

I'm still sad he fixed that one.

My name isn't too obscure. I'm a real life Jen, and proud to be a Penn State Nittany Lion!

Edited by NittanyJen
Actually responded to OP

Most likely! Other than myself or DH, I've never seen another "Barbecue" name. It was probably Halo.

Small world - I don't play but my DH has spurts of time where he loves to play Halo. He's probably played with and/or against you because I distinctly remember a time where he was like "Oh, some has Barbecue in their name. Now I really want pork chops..."

I chose a username very similar to this for my email address back when I first became a SAHM. I was then a rather depressed mom of boys and I thought typing "happymom..." every day, sometimes multiple times a day, would help me feel like a happy mom. I used this username on other message boards when I started thinking about homeschooling.

I'd say for the most part it has worked and I do feel like a happier mom. That could be because my kids are growing up and I'm maturing as a mom. But I think that if I'd called myself "grumpymom" or "miserablemom" I probably would have stayed that way a lot longer.

:grouphug:

I snagged my hubby's e-mail addy and turned it girly by adding LA, thinking I was also clever since I'd rather live in L. A. (ca, not Lousianna) than South Texas. It is an endless summer here too. At least there's that.

I had to google quickly because I think my hubby's email addy has something to do with ZZ Top and I wanted to make sure it wasn't the song related to the famous "Chicken Ranch". After I got married the lady at the social security office asked which name I wanted (maiden or married). I asked for my husbands full name. The lady thought it was funny. She said it was a good sign that I really wanted to be married.

Mine is so obvious it is painful.

Clearly I didn't read the "rules" about carefully selecting a name since it does mention not putting in where you live, or using # of kids since those don't always stay the same.....and lo & behold, my username will no longer be accurate in another 4 months!!!

I loved my first username, but it was known to someone I wish didn't know it. It was the name of my first and favorite dog.

Juniper is from my favorite childhood book, Wisechild by Monica Furlong. I loved the strong character of Juniper and I admired the Catholic author for deftly handling the subject of witchcraft. :001_smile:

Okay, I thought maybe it was from Benny and Joon. :)

My name was one I used on another internet forum that dh helped me think of(as I'm terribly uncreative). I have 2 internet names but this one seemed the most appropriate for this forum. It is very vague and unidentifiable and since this is a large and open board I didn't want anything that would make it super easy to identify me.

The first part of my first name is a variation of "Lee" and my younger cousing pronounced it "Ghee". After that, my parents, uncle and aunt, and grandparents took to calling me either Ghee, GheeGhee, or GheeGhee Mouse (because prior to becoming everyone's Ghee, I was called Mouse LOL)

I've used it on several forums, it's almost like using my real name. That cousin just graduated college and my invitation from him was addressed to GheeGhee and family :001_smile:

Yes, she does!!! These were my favorite books when I was a kid. I continued to buy them well into my high school and maybe even my college years because I wanted to have an entire set to pass onto my daughters one day.

Imagine my horror when my mother gave them all away to a friend's daughter. Not loan -- GAVE!!!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

I would have cried. And I'd still be crying. I love my Trixie books and only regret that I didn't buy all of the final four volumes. I was in college at the time, and a bit embarrassed about the two I did buy. I borrowed them via ILL a few years ago so I could finally read them!

My dh saw "amyable" on a vanity plate one day, and I liked it, so it stuck. We like to joke that I am Amyable (amiable), so he is Edable. ;)

I also use it to remind myself to be happy and nicer. Like happymomofboys I hoped that by typing it out or seeing it often I would remember to be more amiable, especially to my family who tend to get the worst of me. :glare:

I'm just really, really bad at coming up with usernames. And, once I decide to sign up, I'm in a hurry to get it done. So, it's random. (There are elk in our neighborhood. That's all I got.)

If I could choose all over again, I'd choose Slackermom, because that's much more descriptive of me. But, that's already taken :glare: :lol:

That's so funny that we would bump into each other here. I'm Trillian07 on xbox live...haven't been on in a long, long time though. This homeschooling thing keeps taking up all my spare time.:glare:;)

Oh no, don't tell me that! It was so much easier when I only had one newborn. I could nurse and play at the same time, and the way he was laying in my arms actually steadied my shots. I had a sniper spree my first evening home from the hospital.

Small world - I don't play but my DH has spurts of time where he loves to play Halo. He's probably played with and/or against you because I distinctly remember a time where he was like "Oh, some has Barbecue in their name. Now I really want pork chops..."

:lol: If I had a dime for every time I heard someone in the pre-match chat say something about my name and grilled meat, I could buy a steak at a very nice restaurant.

I picked sbgrace for an old board I was active on when struggling with miscarriages and kept it for other boards since. It stands for saved by (sb) grace and meant it to remind me that I'm secure in God because of Christ and it's not dependent on my own worthiness or lack of worthiness.

I have a special love in my heart for old school Ibanez guitars. I own several dating from the 70's & 80's when they were in their glory days. I also have a 20th Anniversary Road Flare Red RG550. :drool5: Ibanez guitars are known affectionately as Ibbys and since I love my Ibbys so much I'm Ibbygirl. :)

I made up a similar penname to this one as a child and later used it for my first Internet account (writing site). I soon felt it was a bit childish for early teen me and created another penname to use on other sites (a pretty generic one if Google is to be believed).

When I decided to create an account here, I decided I didn't want to use my typical one and altered the first penname to fit me more: I am a true daydreamer and could easily spend hours a day just inside my head.