Menu

Who could plan a workout routine for me - treadmill and Bowflex?

We own a treadmill and a Bowflex. I rarely use either one. I don't know how to use the Bowflex and I hate the treadmill. If I wanted to someone to tell me what to do on these contraptions, who would that be? I am will to give it a try if someone sets out an explicit daily workout plan for me.

In regard to the treadmill, start with 15-20 minutes for a couple weeks every other day and build up your stamina. Increase to 30, then 40, until you are doing an hour every other day.

I start out slow at 1.9 and warm up for 5 minutes. By the end of 5 minutes walking at 2.5 pace and keep it up for 50 minutes, then slow it down to 2.0 for the last 10. Usually end up walking 2.35 miles each time. Using an ereader usually makes the time fly by.

If your treadmill has grades, experiment with grade once you are use to walking for period of time and see what happens. I discovered walking 30 minutes at 5 grade equals 1 hour at 0 grade and is less stressful on my ankles.

Can't help with the bowflex since don't have one. I'm sure someone will chime in with helpful advice.