Menu

Ds 6 has had a fever for almost 48 hours now. It has been as high as 103.7. He is getting tylenol and ibuprofen every 2 hours (alternating) He doesn't hurt anywhere. He isn't coughing, no sore throat, no ear ache, no body aches, nothing. Just a fever and he has slept ALOT. (slept during church today, took 3 long-ish naps after church, went to sleep at 7pm, slept over half of Saturday) He ate a peanut butter and jelly today (that's it) He isn't nauseated at all (he wanted me to make him a burrito :lol:) The thing is the fever keeps spiking when his next dose of medicine is due. Any ideas why the fever? Other than the fatigue there is nothing going on. I wouldn't say he has no appetite but sleeping all the time doesn't really give him time to build up an appetite. It is acting like there is an infection but wouldn't something else show up? Could this be a weird virus? Any thoughts?

We have a had a few kids around here that have been testing positive for strep, presenting only as a fever. No sore throat, no aches, just a fever. Weird!

It could be many different things. My son had a high fever for a few days and it turned out to be an ear infection. even though his ear never hurt!

Ds 6 has had a fever for almost 48 hours now. It has been as high as 103.7. He is getting tylenol and ibuprofen every 2 hours (alternating) He doesn't hurt anywhere. He isn't coughing, no sore throat, no ear ache, no body aches, nothing. Just a fever and he has slept ALOT. (slept during church today, took 3 long-ish naps after church, went to sleep at 7pm, slept over half of Saturday) He ate a peanut butter and jelly today (that's it) He isn't nauseated at all (he wanted me to make him a burrito :lol:) The thing is the fever keeps spiking when his next dose of medicine is due. Any ideas why the fever? Other than the fatigue there is nothing going on. I wouldn't say he has no appetite but sleeping all the time doesn't really give him time to build up an appetite. It is acting like there is an infection but wouldn't something else show up? Could this be a weird virus? Any thoughts?

I just posted something similar! My DD is tired and has a fever off and on. It has not been as high as yours. It is almost like she is starting to get sick, but her immune system is fighting it off before it gets too bad. She is not REALLY sick....just halfway there :confused:

Watch for any complaints of chest/side pain. Fever with no other symptoms can be a case of pneumonia. This is exactly what happened to DS. I went in after 3 full days, and x-ray showed a huge white patch. He started complaining of the side ache on the 3rd day.

• 1 month later...

My son has had temps ranging from 102-104 for three days. Today, it's hovered around 101. I have only been treating with Tylenol at bedtime and keeping him hydrated. Aside from this, he has had no other complaints except a seal-like cough every now and then.