Menu

BJU Biology - 9th grade - AP?

Would taking BJU Biology and doing the AP Biology prep books and flashcards prepare a student for the AP Biology exam?

Our current plan is to do Miller-Levine this year, Chemistry next year, and Campbell's Biology in 11th grade, Physics in 12th.

But, she really wants to take a tough Biology this year, because we both feel that this year she will have more "free" time than she will in future years to devote to a memory-laden course such as AP Biology.

Is BJU enough prep? We prefer its layout to the Campbells.

She has had Physical Science with Chemistry prep.

I am so tired of researching options for Biology. I've changed my mind at least a dozen times and am ready to just pick and order something and be done with it! :ack2:

Would taking BJU Biology and doing the AP Biology prep books and flashcards prepare a student for the AP Biology exam?

Our current plan is to do Miller-Levine this year, Chemistry next year, and Campbell's Biology in 11th grade, Physics in 12th.

But, she really wants to take a tough Biology this year, because we both feel that this year she will have more "free" time than she will in future years to devote to a memory-laden course such as AP Biology.

Is BJU enough prep? We prefer its layout to the Campbells.

She has had Physical Science with Chemistry prep.

I am so tired of researching options for Biology. I've changed my mind at least a dozen times and am ready to just pick and order something and be done with it! :ack2:

Miller Levine can be tough. Really rigorous. The teacher's edition gives the breakdown of what can be taught for low-level, regular, and honors/AP.

I am not familiar with BJU, so can't compare. But I know Miller Levine is looked very highly upon.

I can't offer any advice regarding the textbook selection, but for test prep, I would recommend using the resources listed on the College Board website.

The College Board has prior free response questions from prior exams listed, and going through the grading rubric is extremely helpful.

My oldest has taken the physics b and chemistry AP exams. In addition to the CB resources, he used the free resources at Sparknotes online. That might be another resource that you may find useful.

Good luck!