Menu

can anyone help me with this injury?

Yesterday one of my pigeons seriously injured another. It plucked away the feathers and part of the skin on the neck. That part is healing nicely. Up further on the scalp there is a large tear in the skin. I washed everything up and pit antibiotic ointment on all injurues and started the bird on antibiotics. I then left to take dd to a dr appt 80 miles away. We went out to lunch afterwards. When i got home the pigeon seemed fine. In fact it still does.

It looked like rhe large skin tear woukd heal together. I just got the.bird to give antibiotics but the skin is not healing together. Now it is too old a. Injury to get skin glue. The flesh is exposed.

Does anyone know how i can help it?

Sorry if typos...... i am on my phone

I'm sorry Denise - no knowledge here. Can you call a few vet clinics (I know time consuming - I've done this for a bird years ago) and ask if they know of any people who have bird sanctuaries? I found such a person and took the bird to her.

Other than that perhaps google for bird groups and ask the question for advice. Or find it on a website.

Hope all goes well, Denise!!!!