Menu

Condensing 4 yrs of TOG into one year

We've used TOG for the past 4 years, finishing up with Year 4 last month. I counted TOG Yr 4 as 20th century U.S. Hist. because that was its main focus. DS starts 10th grade in the fall and needs a World History credit. I don't want to purchase another history curriculum as we really liked TOG and I don't want to spend the $ if I don't have to. He's only going to have time to spend one year on World History. How would you TOG users create a one year World History credit using all four years of TOG? Just pick a year and do the Rhetroic level? Pick and choose lessons from each level? Suggestions welcome!

Karri

Not to be nosy, but why only one year? If you need Am Govt, you can do it alongside a year on moderns. If you need Am History or state history, you can also inbed it in the appropriate rotation. We did 20th Cent with Sonlight, but stressed a touch more Am History--so I called it 20th Century World History (American History in Context) on his transcript.

I agree w/Karen. Use a textbook, (like Spielvogel's Human Odyssey, or Western Civilizatin) and TOG for perhaps Literature and Geography.

I am not sure that you need to cover Ancient history through the present in order to award full credit in World History. I would do some research on that.

My older dd went to ps in 10th gr., and they take two years to cover Global History, and then cover American History in 11th.