Menu

Student News Sources

Jamee

We really, really like the Weekly Reader. My boys are thrilled when it arrives, and they have an online component (which we haven't really used, simply due to lack of time).

How do you order just one subscription? It says a minimum of 10. I ran into this issue with Scholastic News also. My dd would love these; but I don't need 10!

How do you order just one subscription? It says a minimum of 10. I ran into this issue with Scholastic News also. My dd would love these; but I don't need 10!

Sorry to answer for Halcyon, but I've ordered individual subscriptions from Weekly Reader, Scholastic News and Time for kids, but they cost in the neighborhood of $25 for the year, in contrast to the $4-5 per year when you order 10+ subscriptions. :glare: (Not a terrible price for a year, but annoying that it costs so much more.) I called the 800 numbers associated with the publications to order.

Hope that helps.

Weekly Reader just altered their pricing this week. It is now cheap (under $10) to receive a single issue at home. The trade off is that you no longer have access to the digital editions for any order under 10 copies. You just call the 800 number to order.

I'll check out some of these other sites. My dd really liked CNN student news at first, then it seemed upsetting to her sometimes. She was a sensitive, young 10 yo. She loves WR.

ETA: The phone operator at WR this week said that everything abut the pricing may change again by the end of summer.

Sorry to answer for Halcyon, but I've ordered individual subscriptions from Weekly Reader, Scholastic News and Time for kids, but they cost in the neighborhood of $25 for the year, in contrast to the $4-5 per year when you order 10+ subscriptions. :glare: (Not a terrible price for a year, but annoying that it costs so much more.) I called the 800 numbers associated with the publications to order.

Hope that helps.

Yes, that does help. This will be my dd's first year hsing and I know she would love getting these! Thank You!!