Menu

Serving ideas for Trader Joe's ground salmon patties?

I bought some ground salmon patties at Trader Joe's, thinking it was nice, cheap salmon, but don't know what to do with them now that I've got them. It seems like a burger, even a salmon burger, should have some accompaniment! Does anyone have any ideas? Thanks!

I bought some ground salmon patties at Trader Joe's, thinking it was nice, cheap salmon, but don't know what to do with them now that I've got them. It seems like a burger, even a salmon burger, should have some accompaniment! Does anyone have any ideas? Thanks!

I just heat them up (in the microwave, because I'm a lazy bum), top them with some kind of sauce (honey mustard, dill or hollandaise), and serve with veggies. It's not the prettiest thing in the world, but it's tasty!

salmon patties should NOT be microwaved....that is just WRONG Erica! lol If you can't grill them on the bbq then my suggestion is to brown them in a skillet and melt a little mozzarella on them, serve on a toasted kaiser roll with lettuce tomato and a little tartar sauce. Mmmmmmmm Serve with a nice side salad or some steamed asparagus.

salmon patties should NOT be microwaved....that is just WRONG Erica! lol If you can't grill them on the bbq then my suggestion is to brown them in a skillet and melt a little mozzarella on them, serve on a toasted kaiser roll with lettuce tomato and a little tartar sauce. Mmmmmmmm Serve with a nice side salad or some steamed asparagus.

I'm not sure this particular type (if I'm thinking of the same one the op is) would survive grilling! Panfrying probably... but it's sort of chopped-and-formed-cylinder-o'-salmon. The melted mozzarella sounds delish though -- when did you say supper was again? ;)