Menu

Do you buy birthday presents for your adult married children?

I send my older dc gift cards. At first it did seem kind of tacky, but they appreciate it more than some gift that I am not sure they will use/want.

Did you ask them where they liked to get gift-cards from?

My husband hates gift-cards. I don't really care, but he really doesn't like them. It's just his little pet-peeve :confused:..

Birthdays have always been stressful for me. I'm just not a good birthday present giver and now that several of my children have reached adulthood, it's getting even harder! My oldest's b-day is this coming week. She's married and off on her own. I have NO IDEA what to get her - or if I even should anymore. Last year I gave her money for her b-day, but honestly, I'm a bit uncomfortable with it because it seems kind of tacky.

If you have adult children - how do you deal with birthdays????

Gift cards...or what my dd's like better...I spend the day with them getting a massage, facial, nails...whatever they want......

My boys like to go out for a nice dinner....or to go hit golf balls.....

I have three adult sons and two daughter-in-laws and they all get b-day gifts from us. Sometimes it's a gift if it's something specific I know they would like but usually it's $25 in a card. I remember being a young married woman and personal spending money was rare so I think they appreciate it.

I have three grown ds's and cannot imagine not buying them a birthday gift. It's never a big gift because I'm not well off, but celebrating the day they were born is something I can never stop doing. I also buy my dd-i-l a birthday gift because she's just like one of my own.

At Christmas we've gone to drawing names for gifts, but birthdays are another story for this mom.

Blessings,

Lucinda

P.S. If thinking of the right gift is hard for you, then buy a gift certificate to one of their favorite stores. In my family, we love that. And honestly, Amazon is a great place to spend money and it seems you can't lose with that one.

Edited by HSMom2One