Menu

Please please do not rely on ehow as your sole reference when making any decisions. I doubt many of you would but as someone who has written for the company that runs that site I would never trust the majority of what is written there. Also any article that is on that site that is credited to an ehow contributor was written by a writer who has been fired for plagiarism, outsourcing work or a number of other issues that puts its credibility in question.

I just googled electronic portfolio selected k-12 student. Most of them were dead links but that e-how gave a description. I was trying to clarify what learning at home had in mind. I have made something like an electronic scrapbook of my kid's achievement similar to a blog on a website builder similar to tripod. When ehow comes up on a google search sometimes I get an inspirational idea to follow up on. It's not very in depth at all.

Thank you for your responses. I wanted something a little more elegant than a blog to display my childs work. I know there are eportfolios out there but I was having a hard time finding one for homeschooling purposes. So I was just wondering if anyone used them for homeschooling. The only company I found has not returned my phone call-so I am skeptical of them..Just wondering if anyone out there uses an e portfolio for keeping their child's work. Seems with ipads etc scanning work and keeping it in a neat and tidy place is the way to go now a days in stead of binders and the such...

Take a second look at Blogger.

Use horizontal tabs. Google documents can be embedded also, you could scan in records if needed.

I spent a ton of time on dd's first portfolio, only to find out later that they weren't really interested. It's really a matter of "just the facts ma'am" type thing you need up there.

Visual representation is nice if you decide to offer it, but don't stress over this part, if they want more, (doubt it) just xerox and mail in is the best use of your time.

Also, if you use a online anything, lock it up with a password access only-unless you pay for hosting that's secure, just any old body can report a "site" for inappropriateness (true or not) and poof..all the work is gone.

A google trail for an electronic portfolio quickly led me to this, that they called a web folio. If this is what you want you can easily make it using templates and cut and paste and a scanner or digital camera at http://www.tripod.com or http://www.webs.com. http://www.kids-learn.org/class96/

You'd have to decide for yourself what you want to include and how you want to organize it but it's just point and click and cut and paste.