Menu

On the fence about which world history for 10th grade

I know world history is a lot to cover in 1 year, but that's the plan. I want to cover the ancients through 1900, leaving 20th century world history for another year.

I think I've read every thread here on world history. I've definitely ruled out Notgrass, Omnibus, and Sonlight 200. These are the ones I'm considering, and I can't make up my mind. Can you help push me off the fence?

Option 1

Bob Jones World History using BJU tests, but not DVDs

Option 2

Glencoe World History (Spielvogel) w/the Glencoe Quizzes & Tests

(I currently own both)

Option 3

Glencoe World History (Spielvogel) w/Oak Meadow syllabus

Option 4

Glencoe World History (Spielvogel) w/Covenant Home "stuff"

(what would I need to order?)

Thanks for your opinions!

Cherie in IL

I'd go with #2 since you already have it. :)

But, OM is having 20% off sale this month, so I would be tempted to try their syllabus.

DS is using the Spielvogel World History text this year. We supplemented with World History maps and a few other resources. He did not get as far as we had hoped; first we got caught up in Ancients and then History ended up taking a back burner to a few other things. He also used The Teaching CO. World History audio lectures.

Paradigm Accelerated Curriculum (PACWorks) just released their highschool world history program. There are samples on their sight. It is self paced open and go. I think it would be easy to supplement with videos and literature. Good luck!

I'll toss in another idea. We plan to use BJU World History over 2 years. I will use the first book freshman year and add ancient lit, art, and writing giving 1 credit in Ancient History. THe 2nd year we will use the 2nd book and add literature, art, writing, and music. I will call that World History and award 1 credit.

Option 2

Glencoe World History (Spielvogel) w/the Glencoe Quizzes & Tests

(I currently own both)

Option 3

Glencoe World History (Spielvogel) w/Oak Meadow syllabus

Cherie,

Could you give me the ISBN # for the GLencoe Quizzes & Tests, or tell me where you ordered it from? I'm interested in using that for next year!

Thanks!

Cherie,

Could you give me the ISBN # for the GLencoe Quizzes & Tests, or tell me where you ordered it from? I'm interested in using that for next year!

Thanks!

ISBN 0-07-829444-4

I got it from Amazon.com for $17.41 plus $3.99 shipping. Looks like the cheapest one on there now is over $40. Yikes!