Menu

Is anybody else impatient to receive AP scores?

Last year the scores were available by phone on July 26 or 27. (My dd's graduation party was 6/29, and we knew her scores by then).

Two years ago we waited for the scores to come by mail. Last year we called since we wanted all of dd1's "data" before she graduated. This year we will call.....

It's strange to think the SAT Subject tests given on June 7th will have scores available tomorrow online....

Oh goody! We were wondering, but haven't taken any pains to check the date. Thanks for that tidbit! :001_smile:

Plus, not so strange that one comes before the other. The SAT's are all scantron, whereas AP require live readers. I wouldn't want to have that job!

Oh goody! We were wondering, but haven't taken any pains to check the date. Thanks for that tidbit! :001_smile:

Plus, not so strange that one comes before the other. The SAT's are all scantron, whereas AP require live readers. I wouldn't want to have that job!

Actually the SATs have 2 readers for the essay section...

...ds to know in order to better shape his fall course schedule. We had a difficult year with a death in the family, and his AP US History studies didn't get the attention they should have.

Gwen, did you mean that you had the scores on *June* 26 or 27 last year? I've never called before, but I just might have to do it this year.

Yes, last year if you phoned in the scores were available on June 27th or so. Dd was at work when we received them, and she didn't work the 28th and her graduation party was the 29th, so it must have been the 27th or even the 26th when they were available.

Well -- mixed results here. Two 5's, which is wonderful and gives ds1 6 unassigned credits next fall in college, but one 4 in Engl. Lang. & Comp (which had a persuasive essay topic about whic ds1 knew NOTHING -- it involved the public schools). The 4 will get him nothing -- he now needs to take the freshman composition class next fall. Oh well!

Dh pointed out that since he is going into a field which requires a lot of writing, the extra practice will be beneficial. :tongue_smilie:

I think a 4 in English Language is still a great accomplishment, Gwen. What were his 5's in? Did he take all of these with PA Homeschoolers?

I have to toot PA Homeschoolers' horn, I really do. This was my son's first year to take any AP classes. I never thought he would be able to write really good essays, because before this year, he hated to write and had absolutely no confidence in his abilities. Even though I was a writer by profession, I felt very uncomfortable in the role as writing teacher too. So I thought it would be great to outsource the whole business and see if some other teachers could boost his skills and confidence.

Well, I just made the call ... with my hands literally shaking ... and he got 5's in every exam: US History, World History, and Psychology. I wish I could tell him, but he's out with the other Governor's Scholars all day on a mystery field trip. I don't think he's expecting the scores so early (I would never have known they were available this early but for this thread). I know he will be so surprised and pleased. I'm ready to kiss the feet of his three PA Homeschool teachers right now :)