Menu

Am I crazy or is this a positive pregnancy test?!?!

Today is 10 dpo. Tested this morning- negative.

Got an irresistable urge to test again this evening just a little while ago, and I could swear a faint line showed up within two minutes (on a dollar tree test that tells you to read results within 3 minutes and not after).

DH is at work, I'm freaking out. Last summer I had that ectopic after five months of trying, put trying again on hold while I lost almost 60 lbs, started TTC again this cycle...and could this really be a positive on my first try?

If so holy %^&*!!!

Can you see the line?? It's really faint but seems to show up a little better on my cell phone (took the pic w/my cell phone camera) than it is on the computer.

• Replies 659
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would call that positive, Congratulations!

OMG I hope so! I'm going to retest in the morning (tonight is going to last forever) and if I still see a line or it's even remotely darker, I'm going to call dr and ask them to confirm w/a blood test and start monitoring my hcg levels since the last one was an ectopic (and I turned 39 yesterday).

I SEE A LINE!! I am assuming it is with this afternoon's p**???? If so it could be faint because of that. I would go get another ***few*** tests and test again in the morning.

It's from this evening, like 6:30 PM or so. This morning there was no line. I hope I can see it better in the AM!

Did you take the pic within the three minute time frame? Because I definitely see it, especially if I tip my laptop screen to lower the monitor brightness. :001_smile:

The first one was taken right at the 3 minute mark pretty much. The other one maybe a minute after.

I don't even know if I should say anything to my husband tonight or wait for confirmation in the morning. He won't be home til probably 8:30 or so (another hour or more).

If you are talking about a very faint line next to the dark pink line then yes I see it. I used a home pregnancy test with my fourth child and it was negative but I knew I was pregnant. I didn't have any more tests at home so I just used the same one again and it was a definite positive. Test again in the morning, hon because if you are pregnant the HCG levels will go up overnight and you will get a stronger line. I am wishing you the best of luck and hope to be congratulating you tomorrow.

A line is a line. That is almost exactly what my evening test looked like when I got pg with ds (I still remember it). It was much darker the next morning with a first pee of the day.

Congratulations! Do a happy dance, those things are pretty darn accurate!:party:

I thought I got a positive pregnancy test a couple of weeks ago, with a really faint line. I was pretty freaked out b/c I have an IUD, and it would likely be an ectopic pregnancy. I called my OB, and they got me in for the next day. Their test came out negative, and a later blood test confirmed that it was negative. :confused:

I'm not trying to be a downer...but I'd definitely retest and call your OB!

I'm also kind of freaking out because I have had mild/minor crampiness on and off for a lot of today. I thought it was a sign I'd be getting my period tonight or tomorrow. It could still be that, or I guess it could be a pg symptom as I've read a lot of women have some crampiness in very early pregnancy and that it is pretty common. Hopefully it doesn't mean something is wrong. I hope I can sleep tonight lol.

That's what my positive looked like on a Dollar Tree test, at 10 days post O. I was so unsure, as it was so faint, that I took the test apart and looked at it in the sunlight, and STILL couldn't tell. I ended up getting a first response test, which was obviously positive, with the same urine. I think the dollar store saves money by using light dye, lol.

So yes, looks positive to me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Woooo HOOOOOOOO!

I'm also kind of freaking out because I have had mild/minor crampiness on and off for a lot of today. I thought it was a sign I'd be getting my period tonight or tomorrow. It could still be that, or I guess it could be a pg symptom as I've read a lot of women have some crampiness in very early pregnancy and that it is pretty common. Hopefully it doesn't mean something is wrong. I hope I can sleep tonight lol.

Could easily be implantation cramps.

Hoping for good news!

Could easily be implantation cramps.

Hoping for good news!

I don't know, I think a positive test wouldn't show up until a day or two AFTER implantation, but I did read a lot of people and sites say that light period-like cramping is common as your body gets ready for pregnancy etc. Something about the uterus expanding to make room. Hopefully it's just that!

I don't know, I think a positive test wouldn't show up until a day or two AFTER implantation, but I did read a lot of people and sites say that light period-like cramping is common as your body gets ready for pregnancy etc. Something about the uterus expanding to make room. Hopefully it's just that!

I get that with each pregnancy. And have never had even spotting, let alone miscarriage.

I see it! I see it! I see it! I had a very early pregnancy positive back in Feb. Two day later I lost the baby, but I remember squinting to see if I could see a faint line and all of a sudden it was really dark. LOL

I know the anxiousness you are feeling. I really felt it back in Feb.

I hope, hope, hope, hope, that this is it! My fingers are crossed and I'm praying! I'm hoping to try again this summer. I have a friend getting married Dec. 1st and I'm a bridesmaid so I'm trying to wait until late summer. LOL So very hard!

Please let us know, because I will think about it all night long for you!

I got a faint positive at 10 dpo with my LO, and I definitely had cramping for maybe two or three days after. There is definitely a line. Congratulations! :D

My situation was similar in that I tested on the morning of 10 dpo, and it was negative. I tested again in the early evening, and my line was about like yours. I was very eager for the next morning, but the morning of 11 dpo came up negative. I had a whole pack of cheapo little dip test strips I bought online, and I used two of them to be sure it wasn't a mistake. I cried. That afternoon I was so unimaginably tired that I took a three hour nap (sigh, those were the days). It was so out of character for me to sleep like that that I tested again when I woke up. It was positive again. :)

Point of story: Super early tests can be a little wonky. Since you tested negative this morning, don't lose all hope if tomorrow morning's test doesn't look as promising as tonight.

I consider myself more or less an expert on HPTs :tongue_smilie:, and I say it's quite likely that's a very early positive. At this point I'd probably take it out of the plastic case to get a better look :D

When I test in the morning, I like to pee first to clear out all the old pee (that may have a lower concentration of hormone from being earlier, as hours matter at this very early stage), then not drink any liquids for an hour or so (lol) and then do the test. It doesn't take much in a cup. Or, pee in the middle of the night and then test first thing in the morning.

Keeping my fingers crossed for you!!! :)

I had a very faint line like yours with my youngest....nursing her right now! :001_wub:

The crampiness can be from implantation. I was so crampy at that same time of the month during two pregnancies that I took ibuprofen for the cramps......not realizing it was pregnancy rather than a cycle coming!

Hope you can get some sleep tonight!:001_smile:

I see two lines!!!! Crossing my fingers for you.

I went through IF txs to conceive my first born. When I had a surprise pgcy with my DD, my first test was far more faint than what you are have in your pic. It was a very faint pink line on FRER. DH was like...eh, so faint, you are probably getting your hopes up. I told him that if IF had taught me one thing, it is that a line is a line when read in the test window ;) It was def. positive. eta: I should also mention to you that I ended up having two positives with DD that day, with two different brands. FRER and an equate blue dye test. THe next day, *WITH* FMU both were neg. I was very sad and assumed chemical pgcy, and waited to start bleeding. That didn't happen after a few days, so tested again with the same two brands, and they were blazingly positive. I must have been *just* on the cusp of detection, and even with that, FMU still resulted in neg. tests the next day. But she's 5 now :)

Keep us updated!! I wish you the best and hope this is IT for you!!! :D

Edited by Momof3littles

I definitely see it! Congratulations! (Looks very much like my + at 8dpo) I'm far less patient than you, however. I'd be at the store right now buying a more tests. :D

I have always been very crampy at the beginning of my pregnancies. It feels like your period is about to start. Totally normal! :)

Light, but definitely there! 10 dpo is very early to test, so definitely do another one in the AM. And keep doing them every morning until you can get in with your OB or midwife. Consistently darker lines = rising HCG.

I so hope this is it for you!

And the cramping is absolutely normal.

See now, this is when buddying up with a practicing catholic can pay off.

I've got 5 first response pregnancy tests sitting in the drawer. (Awesome target sale!)

If you were a friend in town, I'd be totally "OMG! I faintly see it too! Here! Use mine! Pee again! Pee again!"

Anxiously awaiting your morning toilette!