Menu

No sight of her today....please let me be a thread killer now!!!

At 41 pages? Why stop now!? :lol:

I just want to know how you can stand not point-blank asking her what is up. Personally, I would have to know. I admit, however, that I may be more comfortable with confrontation that the average person (not that I like confrontation any more than the next person, just that I don't shy away from it).

• Replies 416
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would just rather not deal with her!! My son was complaining about the daughter again--worried that she was going to harass him about his haircut--I'm just hoping they are not in the same class next year.

I would let the school know that it won't work to put them in the same class. :)

I would let the school know that it won't work to put them in the same class. :)

I think I will do that. In the past, the teacher's planned the classrooms and they split up kids who really did not get along. His teacher this year told me that the teachers have no input anymore!

I would just rather not deal with her!! My son was complaining about the daughter again--worried that she was going to harass him about his haircut--I'm just hoping they are not in the same class next year.

And I totally understand that. I am also sorry that you have had to deal with such a nutso (and that your son had to deal with her kiddo). Though it has made for a very entertaining thread, and for that I thank you! :D :grouphug:

And I totally understand that. I am also sorry that you have had to deal with such a nutso (and that your son had to deal with her kiddo). Though it has made for a very entertaining thread, and for that I thank you! :D :grouphug:

Anytime! (well, not really :D)

I think I will do that. In the past, the teacher's planned the classrooms and they split up kids who really did not get along. His teacher this year told me that the teachers have no input anymore!

If the teacher has no say, I'd go to the principal. You may want to put it in writing, short and sweet. That way if they happen to end up in the same class, you have proof that you asked for that not to happen. With all the anti-bullying, they'd be stupid not to honor your request - even if officially they say that they can't accommodate the parents' wishes. Especially with it in writing, I think they'll put them in separate classes.

Great to hear that she stayed on her side - mission accomplished!!!!!!! :001_smile:

She stayed on her side today! :D

I think my mistake has been moving over for her at all.

I bet you're right. She probably got some grim satisfaction from you moving. It must have made her feel big. Now she's back in her place. Good for you!

If the teacher has no say' date=' I'd go to the principal. You may want to put it in writing, short and sweet. That way if they happen to end up in the same class, you have proof that you asked for that not to happen. With all the anti-bullying, they'd be stupid not to honor your request - even if officially they say that they can't accommodate the parents' wishes. Especially with it in writing, I think they'll put them in separate classes.

Great to hear that she stayed on her side - mission accomplished!!!!!!! :001_smile:[/quote']

I have not had a good experience in the past with principals.

My ds had a truly awful teacher for his kindergarten year in ps and she and I had a bit of a contentious relationship. 4 years later, my dd was heading into 2nd grade and I found that the awful teacher was moving to teach that grade. I went to the principal and stated that I knew I could not "request" a certain teacher, but explained the situation (he was not at the school when ds had the teacher earlier.) I asked that dd please be placed with one of the other two teachers instead.

Two weeks before class started, I found that dd had been placed in this woman's class. The principal's response was, " I felt that was the best class for her. It is my decision, not yours."

I spent the entire year in that classroom as much as I could. The teacher was nasty and rude to me. You could hear a pin drop in that 2nd grade class, the kids were so scared of her. My dd wound up spending much of her time in the nurse's station. Her nerves were so shot that she would have diarrhea every Monday morning and I would have to go pick her up. After months at the doctor's office having e-rays and checking for parasites, it was determined that there was something "at the school" causing the problem.

Needless to say, we started homeschooling after that year and she never had trouble with her stomach again.

I hope you have better results with your principal.

My ds had a truly awful teacher for his kindergarten year in ps and she and I had a bit of a contentious relationship. 4 years later, my dd was heading into 2nd grade and I found that the awful teacher was moving to teach that grade. I went to the principal and stated that I knew I could not "request" a certain teacher, but explained the situation (he was not at the school when ds had the teacher earlier.) I asked that dd please be placed with one of the other two teachers instead.

Two weeks before class started, I found that dd had been placed in this woman's class. The principal's response was, " I felt that was the best class for her. It is my decision, not yours."

I spent the entire year in that classroom as much as I could. The teacher was nasty and rude to me. You could hear a pin drop in that 2nd grade class, the kids were so scared of her. My dd wound up spending much of her time in the nurse's station. Her nerves were so shot that she would have diarrhea every Monday morning and I would have to go pick her up. After months at the doctor's office having e-rays and checking for parasites, it was determined that there was something "at the school" causing the problem.

Needless to say, we started homeschooling after that year and she never had trouble with her stomach again.

What a terrible experience for you and the kids! I wouldn't go to the principal in regards to this this girl--there are much worse kids there!

That's horrible!! I'm so sorry for you and your dd. I'm so glad you're homeschooling her now. How is she doing? Is she over that trauma?

That's horrible!! I'm so sorry for you and your dd. I'm so glad you're homeschooling her now. How is she doing? Is she over that trauma?

Dd is now in 7th grade and doing extremely well. She does still remember that teacher and class, though.

Dd was later professionally diagnosed as dyslexic. She had been struggling in the class in reading and the teacher was just a nasty person.

One time, I was working at a table in the back of the room cutting something for the teacher. There was a little 2nd grade boy sitting with his back to me at a desk near me. He had been working quietly and hard on an assignment when she squatted down next to him. He proudly showed what he had been doing and her response was, "This is not correct. Your are now in 2nd grade and I expect per-fec-tion." As she walked away, I watched his little head and shoulders just droop.

First, I could not believe she had said that with me sitting right there and second, I almost could not hold myself back. Another time, a parent was walking by the room and overheard the teacher yelling at and calling her dd names. She also pulled her child out of the school.

Five years later and the teacher and principal are still at that school.