Menu

BJU Spanish??

I have a question: I tried looking for the answer to this by searching on this board. I can't find it.

So my question is:

Is homesat necessary for Spanish? Does it make any difference for homesat? or is videos ok? Can we do without homesat and videos?

They listed alot of stuff for Spanish so I am a bit confused as to what the cost is for Spanish BJU. Can you help me sort out what is necessary for BJU spanish?

Holly

In grabbing my handy dandy notebook, er, catalog i see....

DVD Kit (a Live Homesat Class that was taped one year) - $399 for the class. Includes materials and DVDs, materials are the ones with the blue sat icon next to it.

For Homesat via Satillite, you would need to buy those same items with the icon - Teacher's Ed, Student Activity Manual, Student Activity TE, Student Text, Dictionary.

Because NEITHER option is having you buy the tests, that means that the "registration packet" (that you pay for via Homesat, or comes with the DVDs) includes the Tests the teacher uses in the class.

Does that help? I hope so!

UGH. I just lost my whole post.......

:banghead:

OK. Of course you can self-teach the class - that is always an option.

The 3 main ways to teach ANY BJU class are:

1. Self-Teach with Teacher Manuals. Buy what materials you think you need - maybe you don't need charts or whatever.

Distance Learning Options:

2. Homesat - option to record ANY class that is shown, registration optional (has perks, i'd do it). Ability to buy books used. Currently on special for $50-hardware with 30% off your first order, then $50/month.

3. DVD Rental - set fee per class - $399 ($999 for all subjects, including Bible & a language), includes all NEW books. You return the DVDs in 13 months, but are free to keep the books (and sell if you want).

I think i had more in the other post......

BJU Spanish also has audio CDs to go with the text and teacher's manual. If you are not a native speaker (or a fluent speaker even,) these may be a help in getting your student good training for proper pronunciation.

I am a native speaker and teach a homeschool High School class using a different program. I do own the BJU 1 set, however, and would have used it with my own children if I needed it. I like to review Spanish curriculum and have looked at many different things, I like BJU for the homeschool setting and do not feel that the video or Home Sat are necessary to do a thorough job.

If you decide to go with this set, let me know and I'll see if I can be persuaded to part with mine. I don't guarantee that... :)

Blessings,

Sarah