Menu

Foerster Algebra and Trigonometry: Does the solutions manual have ALL the solutions?

I notice that there's a teacher's book and a solutions manual for Foerster's Algebra and Trigonometry. I really liked the teacher book for Foerster's Algebra 1 and I benefitted from the notes and suggestions in the margins. I really think I'd like to get the solutions manual, but if it doesn't have ALL the solutions I will get the teacher's book as well.

I ask in part because I didn't realize Lial BCM solutions manual only has the solutions to some of the problems, and I don't have the solutions to the other half. As an aside, if anyone knows where I can get the answers to the OTHER half of BCM, you will save me a lot of time!

I don't have mine any more, so I can't go and check. But my recollection is that the solutions manual has all the solutions in it. There were a few that were not quite literally step by step, like, maybe a combined step or two.

I found it helpful to have both the T. Ed and the solutions manual. I like the T. Ed for the very reasons you've mentioned. It has all those helpful hints and even suggests how many days for each section, which problems to assign and what pitfalls are common.

I only used the Foerster book for Al II, we switched to his precalculus with trig for trig and precalc this year. It was an excellent choice for us. We really needed to learn how to use the graphing calculator fully and the precalc book makes you do that, where the AL II trig book doesn't.

HTH

Sharon

But, if you have not already purchased this supplement, I would suggest that you might not want to get it. It is way out of date and does not teach you how to use the TI-83 or 84s. You would be better off waiting to work with really using the grapher for Trig and Precalc with Foerster's text from Key Curriculum, if you intend to go that way.

I would think that you might be better off purchasing a supplement from TI that would go with Algebra II if you feel you need something. I believe that they have recommendations for that on their web site.