Menu

SWB or PHP peeps: will there be audio for HOTW Ancients? I see it for Middle Ages!

Anyone know if History of the Ancient World is available on audio, or if it will become available? It looks like Middle Ages is, and Ancients comes first, darn it.

Please, I'm begging you, we have to make use of car time, and one can only listen to so much Latin vocabulary at a time.

I sent this question via the company contact form as well, but I'm impatient. Whoever answers first gets cyber cookies and a million imaginary bonus points.

Are you thinking of listening to HOAW with your kids? Because there is a lot of content that many would consider inappropriate for the younger set. I used the book last year with my teen, but I would not use it younger than ninth grade, and I am fairly liberal. It would be a good idea for you to pre-screen it.

Are you thinking of listening to HOAW with your kids? Because there is a lot of content that many would consider inappropriate for the younger set. I used the book last year with my teen, but I would not use it younger than ninth grade, and I am fairly liberal. It would be a good idea for you to pre-screen it.

Yes, mainly my oldest, a rising 9th-grader. My youngest is a rising 7th-grader, and will probably wind up listening to some of it simply due to being in the car sometimes, but we might exceed fairly liberal :tongue_smilie:

We're actually kind of a mix - we haven't allowed any R movies yet, and we vet PG-13, but we are far more lenient with books, particularly non-fiction or serious works that happen to have adult themes.

We already own the book, so pre-screening isn't a problem. If anyone remembers particular topics that were problematic, feel free to list them and save me some time!