• Wife doesn't wear a wedding ring
    • Husband wears a wedding ring
    • Husband doesn't wear a wedding ring
    • Other just because

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We usually wear ours. Exceptions for very messy things like mixing meatloaf, painting or sometimes yardwork.

I don't wear my engagement ring at night b/c the setting is high and it catches on the sheets or scratches DH. Didn't wear it much when my kids were infants either for the same reason.

We do not wear our rings. With Dh's job it is not practical, and my ring finger is too fat at the moment for me to wear it & not cut off my circulation :tongue_smilie: Working on that issue though so when it fits I will more than likely return to wearing it. :D

We both have always worn ours; however, dh lost his last fall and we haven't replaced it yet. Our church had a fall festival, and he helped do a lot of work setting up, cleaning up, and such. It was cold outside, so we think it slipped off from his fingers shrinking up. We've been on site with a metal detector and haven't found it. We kept hoping it would turn up somehow, but we'll replace it this summer.

18 months after my husband lost his at church, the farmer of the field next to the church walked in to talk with the secretary and told her he found a ring. He wouldn't let her see it, he wanted the owner to be able to describe it. We did one better, we brought the picture of my husband wear the ring from our wedding album. I was so grateful to get it back!

My wedding and engagement rings stopped fitting during my third pregnancy 8 years ago. Even after slimming down to pre-pregnancy size years ago, they still won't fit over my knuckle!:confused: I have just never gotten around to re-sizing them. Instead, I wear a silver Claddagh ring that my husband gave to me when we started dating. I think I feel more sentimentally attached to it than my wedding rings because I've had it since I was 18. :001_smile:

My husband still wears his wedding ring and doesn't seem bothered that I don't.

I wear mine all the time, the only time I take it off is for cleanings when they inspect my engagement ring. I did have to go without it for about a month because it was being resized and I was on vacation when it came in. I hated that, I felt naked without it, mostly it was a panic when I noticed it wasn't there until my brain finally caught up with me and I remembered it was at the jewelers.

Dh wears his whenever he can, but during certain drills/jobs on board the ship he takes it off for safety reasons.

We do, but somewhat begrudgingly. I abhore the practice/institution of engagement rings and refused to even discuss one. Dh balked a bit, but agreed to forego that. However, he did insist that I had to have a "proper" wedding ring. I insisted that if I was going to be branded as property, then so was he. ;)

I always used to wear mine, as did dh, but I had to have mine cut off a couple of years ago due to a kitchen accident which involved stabbing a very sharp knife through (yes, through!) my ring finger. A trip to ER meant I came home with my wedding ring in two pieces. I've never gotten around to getting it repaired, so I no longer wear my ring. DH still wears his constantly.

We both wear ours all the time. Dh's first ring was gold and it became misshapen after about ten yrs and then split all the way through. He works with his hands often, so we replaced it with one of those tungsten carbide rings that are super heavy duty. Dh is very sentimental when it comes to wearing his ring. Mine is a a very simple, thin, gold band, but my hand feels naked without it.

Guest tomyroys

Hi..., Last year my wedding has been taken place at that we both wear the wedding rings, till now we did not taken out. As the rings are very special to us. We took the decision that we should wear that rings life long.

We both have replacement rings as of 2009. I wear mine but not all the time. DH was wearing his but lost it a couple months ago. :-( He would wear it if he had it.

Honestly, though, until we got our replacement rings we hadn't worn any for quite a few years. I think they are a nice symbol but not essential to having a good marriage.

My dh absolutely did not want a ring - he hates them. yeah, I've occasionally looked over at him and thought it would be nice to see a ring claiming my ownership, but I respect his preferance just as he does mine. besides, wearing rings do not strengthen a marriage anymore than not wearing rings weakens one. We just celebrated our 30th anniversary.

I was wondering the same thing.

My dh and I wear rings. He had to replace his as he lost one in the snow once. It is the only piece of jewerly he'll wear.

p.s. Spammers are all over this board. Yesterday I got an unauthorised private message from someone who had wedding gown website in her/his siggy. The moderators were quick to delete it and alert me about it -very gratefulabout that too. :D

My hubby never had one and I don't wear mine. I can't stand anything on my fingers. I am thinking about having is resized to a smaller size and attaching it to my charm bracelet that has my anniversary charm and eventually all of my children and grandchildren's birthstones. Neither of us have ever felt the need to wear a ring nor have we been hit on because we don't wear one. We act married even when we are apart. If a person was so inclined to cheat, I don't think a wedding ring would stop them.

Mine almost never come off. I did have to take them off while pregnant with my kids, by about the 4th month, but I always wore a cheap ring, did not want people to think I was unmarried. I got it resized after I had my 3rd cause it just would not fit anymore, even though I lost all the weight (I think it was about $40 for both rings). My dh has always worn his ring, but it has become too small for him the past year or so, I am going to get it resized to fit him for his birthday.

I said other. We wear our rings when we go somewhere. I don't wear mine around the house because I bump it & also because I don't like washing my hands with the thing on (it feels weird:lol:) My husband is a farmer & doesn't want to risk losing his finger if it gets hooked in something, plus his is very dirty work...

Guest karalee

I'm not a jewelry person either and I know a lot of married couples who don't wear rings. I don't like wearing watches either. Once cell phones became available to the general public, I stopped using watches all together.

I have tiny gold stud earrings which are the only earrings I wear. A tiny tiny gold ball that I never take off no matter what and I can't even feel that they're on. I never wear bracelets and I only wear a necklace once in a blue moon when I'm going to a wedding or a special events.

I DO wear my wedding ring tho. I enjoy the symbolism of wearing a it. I don't do it to prove anything to anyone. But because of my dislike of wearing jewelry I got one of those James Allen "Comfort" rings and it's really comfortable. It's a thin band and it doesn't cut into the finger.

I don't have a proper engagement ring. Personal choice. I told hubby not to get me one. I was a 37 year old bride anyway so I didn't feel the need to show a ring off to anyone.

Hubby wears his wedding band half the time. It's very similar to mine. Plain white gold band.

I was just reading an article about more men choosing not to wear their wedding rings and I was just curious as to if you wear a wedding ring and if your spouse wears a wedding ring.

I always wear my wedding ring. My husband wears his most of the time, but takes it off sometimes for work. He owns & runs a waterproofing company, and has lost/damaged 2 wedding rings at work, so he doesn't always wear it, depending on what he's doing that day.

dh and I both wear our rings. I do take mine off though when doing dishes or such activity that might result in losing my engangment ring (I am on number 2). Both of my rings are big and should be resized but I know as soon as I do so, I will get pregnant and will have to take them off due to swelling, so I will leave them be for now

• 1 month later...

I don't wear mine that often, too many close calls when taking it off to wash hands. DH wears his. He is a professor and our rabbi said (with great experience) men in positions like his need to remind the young ladies he is taken (and to remind him too). He also always keeps the door wide open when he has people in his office.

• 2 months later...

Dh wears the new one I gave him as an anniversary present-he discovered the week we got married that he is allergic to nickel and couldn't wear the alloyed gold one (he actually wore it during the day and took it off at night). I had to nearly get mine cut off last winter when I sprained my wrist, and it still is too tight-I don't think the swelling has completely gone down yet-weird.