• Wife doesn't wear a wedding ring
    • Husband wears a wedding ring
    • Husband doesn't wear a wedding ring
    • Other just because

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I voted for dh and then I should be other, but I didn't vote that also.

dh does not take his off.

I had gained weight and my finger would swell when I wore the ring. So, I didn't wear one for 3-4 years. I've lost weight and am getting back in the habit of wearing it. It's a habit, because I take it off to shower or do dishes and forget to put it back on.

I wear my wedding ring, usually the only piece of jewelry I wear. Husband only wore his when he dressed up. He worked in construction and having a ring on can be dangerous. He still works in home repair but is probably more just in the habit of not wearing it now and it may not fit him now with the shape of his disabled hand.

We both have always worn ours; however, dh lost his last fall and we haven't replaced it yet. Our church had a fall festival, and he helped do a lot of work setting up, cleaning up, and such. It was cold outside, so we think it slipped off from his fingers shrinking up. We've been on site with a metal detector and haven't found it. We kept hoping it would turn up somehow, but we'll replace it this summer.

Neither of us wear ours. Him because of the work he does and me because I lose mine when I wear it.

Frankly though, neither of us are all that sentimental about them. The were $50 rings we picked out because we needed them for the ceremony. When the novelty of wearing them wore off in the first few years they sort of got put up. Romantics, we're not. :D

I meant to say that we never take our rings off (till he lost it!). I took mine off during the last month of my pregnancies because I was afraid I would swell. I also got stung by a yellow jacket on my ring finger about 2 years ago. Thankfully I got it off before it started swelling, but it was about a month before the swelling went down enough for me to get it back on. That finger is still bigger than it used to be, too. In almost 21 years, that's the only times mine has been off.

Jamie quit wearing his when, um, it quit fitting :lol: His finger is too big and we're too cheap to get it resized. He carries it with him on his keychain. I haven't worn my wedding ring longer than he hasn't. I am allergic to my own sweat so any ring causes me to get a nasty rash. For a while after we were married I'd wear it during the day only, but even still, especially in the summer, I'd get the rash so I eventually quit wearing it altogether.

Hubby wears his. I took mine off several years ago when I was doing more yoga and lost enough weight to where it didn't fit anymore. With yo-yo dieting and pregnancies over the past 6 years, it finally started fitting again after 3rd child. Then ds2 decided to wear it and lost it somewhere in our house. I thought we'd find it when we moved last fall but no dice. DH wants to get a new one anyway so we're looking to get new matching bands this summer for our anniversary.

I wear mine always; DH's doesn't fit anymore, and he needs a new one. I actually have several "wedding rings" because of the swelling from my RA, they are different sizes. If there has to be a plus to having RA, that would be it, I get more jewelry!

I need to get DH a new one, probably something stainless steel and inexpensive since he wants to lose some weight so his gold one fits.

~coffee~

I just wear a plain band. Dh 'outgrew' his and didn't wear a ring for awhile. He actually had some um, interesting encounters with assertive ladies who didn't realize he was taken.

One time Dh was working with a client (social services) and went with the client to look at an apartment for rent. The realtor was showing them something about the apartment (can't remember what) and took the opportunity to bend over practically in Dh's face. He told me he was a bit stunned. The client was quite impressed and still teases Dh about it.

There were a few more incidents like that. I'm sure Dh enjoyed them but he realized it was a lot less awkward to wear a ring. So, we ordered him a new one, and he wears it all the time.

There were a few more incidents like that. I'm sure Dh enjoyed them but he realized it was a lot less awkward to wear a ring. So, we ordered him a new one, and he wears it all the time.

My husband has had women tell him they prefer married men, wink wink. I don't think a ring, or the lack of a ring, turn some women off or away. He has seen married men openly flirt as well. The wedding ring isn't a chastity belt. Whether one wears one or not, does not, to me, mean they behave in a certain way.

I had to stop wearing my ring this week. :crying: I've lost 58 pounds so my ring was falling off on it's own and I almost lost it in the dairy barn. So, now it's safely tucked away until I'm done losing weight and then we'll have it resized.

My husband only wears his when he's all dressed up. I don't want him wearing it around the farm because of the dangers. Too many people have be pulled into machinery either in factories or on farms because of a wedding ring.

dh dropped his "good one" down the toilet back last year and I haven't gotten the other gold one out of the safety box yet....he doesn't like to wear it at work because it can be a safety hazard-I got us some really cute stainless steel ones with a tribal tattoo pattern on them but we usually forget to wear them LOL my fingers swell so much that I usually don't wear mine around the house everyday-sometimes I'll wear either the tattoo ring or a plain gold band when I go out of the house.....

We both wear wedding rings. I'm quite glad that dh wears his and only takes it off when he does repairs on the car that might involve a situation where it would be a safety issue to have it on. There are a lot of single gals at his place of work and he's had a few flirt but as soon as he flashes his ring at them, they back off.

I used to not wear my engagement ring or wedding band during the week for the first few years of our marriage because I was still performing and sometimes my rings bothered me during practice or performance. I would wear them on Sundays, whenever we went out together for dinner, etc. But, the shear amount of time that I was around a lot of single men and didn't have it on, made dh a little nervous or so it appeared. I will admit that I spent a lot of time explaining I was married. Once I stopped performing, I began wearing them full time.

Dh's dad didn't wear his until he retired. He worked for so many years as a mechanic and it wasn't safe to wear it so he was never in the habit. As soon as he retired, he began donning it full time.

My parents married when my dad was in the Air Force - missle/weapons engineer - and he couldn't wear one. So they never bothered to purchase one before the wedding. When I was about 13, my mom bought him a ring and he began wearing it on Sundays, special occasions, and their anniversaries. That's been his habit ever since.

Faith

We don't wear them because they were stolen within the first five years of our marriage and we never replaced them, yet. We've talked about replacing them, but haven't done it. Maybe we won't.

Hubby is a mechanic, so wearing his would be dangerous. I'd rather he didn't have one to wear until he is retired.

My husband always wears his ring. I put mine on when I go out the front door to run errands and such. I can't wear mine 24/7 because it gets caught on everything and the prongs loosen over time (already lost one stone and had to have it replaced). My husband jokes that inside the house I'm his love slave and outside the house I'm his wife.

We both started wearing ours 20 yrs ago but then he stopped because of his work in a factory setting and it was dangerous.

But then he stopped the factory tours and was management. But by then he was out of the habit of wearing it.

He traveled a lot and would get hit on by women, he found it amusing ;)

I told him I wanted him to start wearing it again but he had gained weight and it didn't fit anymore.

So now he's gained more weight and it really doesn't fit but he's never taken it in to be resized.

It used to annoy me a little, but now it's no big deal.

DH hates things on his hands and the idea of constantly needing to take it off to wash his hands properly sealed that deal. It would be gone in a week or less down the drain. lol

He bought me a gorgeous ring I never wear because it's too "pokey." The main diamond gets caught in everything and it's a complicated design that seems to suck up dirt and crud so by the end of every day, I need to scrubb it clean. Meh.

I stabbed my infant daughter with it accidentally when she was a couple of weeks old and that was the last time I wore it.

And I kind of feel like a dork gardening and cleaning up rabbit or dog poop with a big honking diamond on my hand. :lol:

Neither of us wear ours right now (haven't for awhile). Mine snapped (we have Black Hills Gold bands) and his is all bent to heck. I don't want to just go and buy something just to wear (and money is tight at the moment), so we don't wear them.

Because of dh's profession we knew that his ring would not last long. He spends the day in the OR which requires a LOT of handwashing. I purchased a $99 ring for him - it lasted about 6 months. He tied it to his scrubs one day during residency. When he changed, he forgot to remove it. Someone in the laundry facility had a good day :) We haven't replaced it.

I chose that we both wear ours.

That said, I do not wear mine when I'm at home. I don't like to wear it when I'm cleaning, cooking, washing my hands, taking a shower, etc. I put it on when I go out somewhere. There are a few times that I forget.

DH's ring never comes off. I don't think he could get it off of he tried.

My DH always wears his. I voted that I wear mine, but really I wear a band about half the time. I'll go in streaks. It's actually fairly rare that I wear the actual band we got married with. I have three different bands that I alternate between depending on what I'm wearing/doing. All of them are meaningful to me, so I enjoy having different ones for different purposes.

I wear mine on warm days but not cool days when it tends to fall off. Or when making meatloaf.

Dh used to wear his, then lost it, I think somewhere in San Francisco (if you come across one with a 2/2000 date engraved, it's probably his).

He replaced it, then lost that one too, somewhere in downtown DC.

He is currently ringless. I asked him to get a third ring for our 10th anniversary, but as we've recently passed our 12th, I'm guessing that's a "maybe later." :D

We both wear ours all the time unless there is a medical reason. I once smashed my finger and it swelled up badly. My rings were cut off and remained off for over a month while I healed. Another time I had poison ivy between my fingers and had to remove my rings.

I feel naked without them.

Dh has never taken his off.