Menu

So what madness has taken over your house this morning?

So far I've had two children volunteer to take the sheets off of my bed and then they argued over who got to take the pillowcases off the pillows. (Volunteering and arguing over chores?!) My oldest who hates to read and write has written the first chapter of a book he is making. He also paid his 4 yo sister to fold and put away his clothes. And she is happy about this. On the way upstairs, after putting her own sheets in the laundry room, she asked for more chores because, as she put it, "I like doing chores like this!" My oldest also cleaned the bathroom without being asked...and it's not even his day to do it.

This should be an interesting day!

Well, my son is up and dressed and functioning and it's not noon yet. He even took the trash cans to the alley without my having to threaten his life. My daughter only whined for 5 minutes instead of 20 over having to *gasp* bathe this morning. The toddler I watch is napping. So far, so good! LOL

So far I've had two children volunteer to take the sheets off of my bed and then they argued over who got to take the pillowcases off the pillows. (Volunteering and arguing over chores?!) My oldest who hates to read and write has written the first chapter of a book he is making. He also paid his 4 yo sister to fold and put away his clothes. And she is happy about this. On the way upstairs, after putting her own sheets in the laundry room, she asked for more chores because, as she put it, "I like doing chores like this!" My oldest also cleaned the bathroom without being asked...and it's not even his day to do it.

This should be an interesting day!

I have been "camping out" for the last 2 nights with my 8yo son who is suffering with strep throat. He's on meds, but he was afraid he'd keep his brothers up so he wanted to sleep in the family room so he wouldn't disturb anyone. I could not let him be alone and sick... so to the couch I went.

The rest of the clan is still snoozing. I'll soon get them up and answer the same question I've been asked every school day for the last 13 years... "Is there school today?" Of course there is. :D

Did you ever just have one of those weeks, where everything goes wrong, takes twice as long as normal, and is a huge hassle to deal with?

Yesterday I was kind enough to let the dog off her run because of lighting storms so she could sleep on the front porch. To repay me for her kindness she walked down to the end of the drive last night, knocked over the garbage cans, and tore the bags open. There is trash, torn up diapers, and chewed up bottles and milk jugs all over my front yard, which the kids and I have to clean up after breakfast. In the rain. And the cold. And more bad weather and lightning is predicted for today, so the dog has to stay off the run until the bad weather subsides.

This following three days of rain, one unexpected visit to the Dr. for a child, and dh's work load being so heavy I've probably seen him a total of 1 hr. each night this week, just long enough for him to eat dinner and crash. There's more, but I'm too tired to think about it right now.

Can I go back to bed and sleep until next week? Please?

My oldest set his alarm to get up earlier than normal so he could get it all done. By 8 am he had eaten breakfast (fixed it himself), done math, spelling, and latin. He also has been taking care of all requests of help by little brother. He has fixed breakfast for the rest of us too. What planet it this and how do I stay on it?

My oldest set his alarm to get up earlier than normal so he could get it all done. By 8 am he had eaten breakfast (fixed it himself), done math, spelling, and latin. He also has been taking care of all requests of help by little brother. He has fixed breakfast for the rest of us too. What planet it this and how do I stay on it?

If you figure it out, can I come live there ;)?

I woke up to the sound of a loud crash. Apparently ds (6) had decided to fill a glass bowl with pretzels and then take them upstairs to the schoolroom. He accidentally dropped the bowl over our ceramic tiled kitchen. So my morning started by cleaning up glass and comforting a crying child who was so upset. It was just an accident, not a big deal and no one was hurt.

is me. I just spent the last 30 minutes looking up info on lice because there's this woman at my daughter's school who talks about them EVERY time I see her. She works at the school, and lice has been an issue there. I'm on the PAC with her, so I get to hear about all the "behind the scenes" stuff. After months of this I'm convinced that every itch is the beginning of an infestation.

I've never had lice, never dealt with them and now am completely paranoid and ITCHING all over, LOL. I have checked my head about 30 times this morning. Gah!

The cold, dry weather and non-stop furnace running is not helping matters. I'm going to go lather myself with lotion!