Menu

Ds almost a College Student!!

Ds did really well on his English placement test (Compass) for CC!!

Yippee!

He only missed 1 on the writing, and scored a 91 on the reading. He said it was far, far easier than the SAT. So, all he needs to do is meet the Dean, actually sign up for the classes he wants (US Gov and Span 1), and pay for them!!

He's dual-enrolled (college and homeschool) so he has a few extra hoops to jump thru.

I'm so excited!

My 16 year old son has his College ID and schedule for the fall so I can appreciate your enthusiasm. Fortunately our CC let him skip the Compass on the basis of ACT scores which expedited the process. NC residents also have the good fortune of free tuition at CCs for concurrently enrolled students. What a bargain!

Let's compare notes on what our sons think of their courses in the fall.

Jane

My 15 ds (10th grader) is a college student, too! He registered on Friday and has his schedule. I couldn't believe how EASY it was to dual enroll him. I had a nice transcript ready...and they didn't even look at it!!! In Florida, homeschoolers get free tuition and application fee....we will just have to pay for his books. He didn't have to take the College Placement Test...he just used his SAT scores. He is taking a Intermediate Algebra (Algebra II) and French I. He was hoping to get his student ID so he could go to "College Night" at Chick Fil A on Thursday night, but they aren't doing them until August! He already knows someone in his class...one of his best friends from his youth group!

If he does well with these classes, we may consider adding another in the spring. It is exciting, isn't it?! (My son, who isn't one to show emotions, was even smiling on Friday!)

Congratulations to you and your son!