Menu

Language ideas for 9th grade

My dd will be going into the ninth grade and I need some suggestions for inexpensive curriculum for Language Arts/Grammar. I've read some threads on here how some of you are teaching logic or something like that (I am so tired right now my eyes are almost closing) and we don't do that kind of stuff!....logic...We are very laid back homeschoolers who are just doing the basics right now as my daughter doesn't intend to go to college. She wants to focus more on science as she will probably do something when she gets older in the equine field. So, any ideas for basic grammar/language arts? She's a pretty smart kid but doesn't like to apply herself much!

Thanks.

I am a very very laid back homeschooler and I bought Thinking Toolbox and Fallacy Detective. I just gave them to the children to read. They loved them so much they fought over them.

I would get simple directions on how to teach the 5 paragraph essay and do that. If you still wish to teach something, give credit for language arts, etc...but want to do the minimum, the 5 paragraph essay is what I would do. Good luck!

For us, for this next year, I purchased WriteShop, but it is not cheap at all. You can get an inexpensive book about teaching the 5 paragraph essay at almost any teaching store.