Menu

Plea for help from those who have used Conceptual Physics

Help!!!! I never took Physics in high school or college, but my son loves the subject. I bought Conceptual Physics 9th edition, but cannot find the teacher's manual anywhere.

If you've used this text, could you please tell me how you graded the material? Did you make up your own tests? Use something from the publisher (if so, could you give me the ISBN?)? Can I use the teacher's manual from the 10th edition or have the exercise problems changed from the 9th edition?

Any help would be much appreciated!!!

Thanks,

Karri

I am unable to help you since I used the 3rd high school edition. Just wanted to tell you that I have sensed your frustrations. Perhaps some of regulars are on vacation and not looking at the boards. Another idea--there are a couple of posters whose husbands teach physics. Maybe they have copies of this text on their shelves and could come to your rescue?

Jane

Help!!!! I never took Physics in high school or college, but my son loves the subject. I bought Conceptual Physics 9th edition, but cannot find the teacher's manual anywhere.

If you've used this text, could you please tell me how you graded the material? Did you make up your own tests? Use something from the publisher (if so, could you give me the ISBN?)? Can I use the teacher's manual from the 10th edition or have the exercise problems changed from the 9th edition?

Any help would be much appreciated!!!

Thanks,

Karri

My db just sent me Conceptual Physics 9th edition, brand spanking new (free sample he had) along with the practice book. The practice book has solutions in the back and sample tests. In it there is a web site and an access code for some free help. Does yours have this? Also, there is a way to sign up (and perhaps pay for) some tutoring. I'm hoping my db will help with this.

Are you telling me, though, that there's no teacher's manual??????? After I celebrated this free pair of books?

We are planning to listen to the Feynman lectures along with this.

Now I'm off to search for a Teacher's Manual. Or perhaps there will be one used by the time dd does this, so I have a year or so to take care of that.

Karri, I'm still with you--hoping that TM isbn is out there somewhere! :D The isbn for the practice book is 0-321-05153-X. I'm planning to use it for most of the exercises since the answers are included. Then I will assign readings and a few exercises from the text & most of the labs from the lab book (depending on how many there are--I don't have my lab book yet).

Ooh! I just noticed that in the back of the practice book are all the answers to the odd numbered problems and exercises from the text. That will be very helpful! Also, there are about a dozen multiple choice questions per section (not chapter) in the form of "sample exams" for Mechanics, Light, etc. Also a sample final with 20 short essay questions.

I've tried getting into the tutor center but the sign-in info in my book has already been used. I think you can still buy access, it's only free if you are the first user of your book.