Menu

Mother left her babies in the car in the freezing cold!

It makes me sick that every day it seems there is a new story about some parent-figure killing their own.

I was literally paralyzed for two weeks after the details of Baby Grace's death came out. I still have an index card with the words, "Baby Grace, I won't forget," that I keep in my homeschool folder. On those days when I'm so wanting to complain about "how bad" it is, I see that and know *nothing* I've ever - or will ever - experience could compare to the horror that child lived through. I hope I will reach the point where I will never complain again!

I even don't really care about all the politics going on right now. I think there is something so evil and so perverted happening in our midst and nothing is being said or done (not that politics could fix it, anyway).

A man in our area recently threw his four very young children off of a very tall bridge into a gulf. Needless to say, they did not survive. The oldest was just a preschooler. Absolutely gorgeous children... with huge smiles in all the pictures that have been published. It stunned me that this story, to my knowledge, never made the national news.

I agree with everything you said, Rhondabee.

The Bible says that in the last days, there would be no natural affection... and the love of many would grow cold. I think that is what we are observing.

That goes a bit beyond "poor judgement." You'd have to be a flippin' moron to leave a child out in -27°C! :mad: Did she not happen to notice the bitter, bone-chilling cold??!!

I was glad to see this line at the end: Children’s Services and the Child At Risk Response Team are investigating.

Well, they flippin' BETTER be investigating that!

That goes a bit beyond "poor judgement." You'd have to be a flippin' moron to leave a child out in -27°C! :mad: Did she not happen to notice the bitter, bone-chilling cold??!!

I was glad to see this line at the end: Children’s Services and the Child At Risk Response Team are investigating.

Well, they flippin' BETTER be investigating that!

I know. Honestly, I sort of was mildly astonished (I love me a little oxymoron :rolleyes:) that they hadn't arrested her. Grrrr! :mad:

A man in our area recently threw his four very young children off of a very tall bridge into a gulf. Needless to say, they did not survive. The oldest was just a preschooler.

How does something like this not make national headlines?! :confused: It's every bit as disturbing as the Andrea Yates thing. Crazy.

I figure people who do this are either retarded or have some sort of character disorder that makes them 100% self-involved or are substance abusers or some combination of all of these.

Normal, loving, mentally healthy, halfway intelligent people do not do things like this, IMO.

This kind of thing just baffles me! Who does this kind of thing?? :(

This was obviously not just an accident. She purposefully left them in there when she took another child to the doctor's. Why? You gotta wonder what is going through their minds when they decide that this is okay! :mad:

We weren't talking about this particular story but just the issue of leaving kids in the car. I have to admit, sometimes I leave my 10 mo and 3 yo in the car, if I have my 12 yo ds with me and he's sitting in the front seat with the doors locked, car not running. It's only if I can park in the front of wherever I'm going and it's going to be less than 5 minutes. I'm not sure how 'right' it is, but it seemed safe to me and I've always just prayed that someone doesn't call the police on me.

My friend doesn't think I should do this. She was saying that there have been too many stories of people calling the police because they see children unattended in cars....sometimes left for 20-30 minutes at a time. I can see THAT as a problem too. There was a woman who left her baby sleeping in the car, in her driveway with the car running, and was inside the house for 20 minutes. Her neighbor called the police.

Well, I've done that. 20 minutes is a bit long, if I leave a sleeping baby out there, I check every 5-10 min. or so. I've often wondered if what I was doing was ok, but sometimes I'm just desperate to let the sleeping baby lie and get something done or just enjoy the quiet.

I don't think leaving kids outside for 30 minutes in subzero temps in a good idea. Maybe she thought they'd be ok bundled up. I don't know. Seems a bit crazy to me. But I feel uncomfortable judging her because I know how many times I've left my kids in the car too. Not in dangerous temps and certainly not for that long, but I've done it. I'm not so sure about it now. We live in a very, very small town and I usually leave the kids in the van while I run into the post office. Well after having this discussion with my friend, I decided not to risk it (even though I can't imagine what could happen) and brought them both in. It wasn't THAT much more work and it was nice not worrying and trying to rush through.

I don't know. Just my 2 cents worth.

A man in our area recently threw his four very young children off of a very tall bridge into a gulf. Needless to say, they did not survive. The oldest was just a preschooler. Absolutely gorgeous children... with huge smiles in all the pictures that have been published. It stunned me that this story, to my knowledge, never made the national news.

I saw the news story here in Chicagoland (even though I tried not to!)

Too sad, both of these.

I do not understand this, do these young parents not realize how blessed they are to have children. I too, leave my childen in the car for a few mins here and there and when they were younger and would fall asleep in the car on the way home, I would leave in the car, but doors were open and I was out there muddleing somewhere in the yard. I hope that the have learned from this. And, will never be this foolish again. I must say though living in Texas, I never thought of leaving a child in the cold as deadly, only the heat comes to mind. I guess these things don't come to my head because this is just something I cannot understand.

I figure people who do this are either retarded or have some sort of character disorder that makes them 100% self-involved or are substance abusers or some combination of all of these.

Normal, loving, mentally healthy, halfway intelligent people do not do things like this, IMO.

I don't know. I do sometimes wonder if some of these people (like the lady who walked into a grocery store, took her kids to the restroom, locked the door, and then stabbed them) resort to this because they feel they no longer have the funds to support their children, and they'd rather kill them than see them starve to death.

(Maybe I've been reading too many Grimm fairy tales this year?)

Still sickening. I guess I want to believe that if I could *help* these people in *some* way, then it would stop.