Menu

Can I use Teaching Textbooks on an Ipad?

twinmami01

I am so itching for an ipad right now! The boys' laptop is on its last leg and I'd rather have an ipad vs. another laptop (at least for the boys' use) and my biggest concern is Teaching Textbooks. Would I be able to use this on an ipad? This could be a deal breaker for us.

I don't think it will work. The CD has to be in the computer for TT to work.

Thats what I figured. I wondered if there was some way to plug in a cd drive. There has to be a way! LOL! I did email Teaching Textbooks to see if this would possibly be an option soon. I haven't heard back. We are using the Sequential Spelling dvd and I see where they now have an app available. I'm keeping my fingers crossed!

Thats what I figured. I wondered if there was some way to plug in a cd drive. There has to be a way! LOL! I did email Teaching Textbooks to see if this would possibly be an option soon. I haven't heard back. We are using the Sequential Spelling dvd and I see where they now have an app available. I'm keeping my fingers crossed!

There is no way for it to be compatible even if you could connect a cd drive. The iPad uses iOS for an operating system and isn't compatible with software created for Mac OS X or Windows.

I do wonder if they have ever considered offering a subscription service like Thinkwell does.

That would kill the whole resale market though (which could be good for their business, but it sure would make a lot of customers unhappy).

Now, if they offered it as an option, I'd consider it for my younger kids. It would eliminate that whole concern over lost or damaged cds.

Otherwise, I only use TT for high school--and not even with my current high school kid. Hmmmm....

Here is the response I got back from Teaching Textbooks:

We are definitely working on it, but we are also working on updating the higher grade levels of our software to the automated grading format that grades 3-Algebra 1 currently use. I don't have an estimate for when they will be complete but I do know that the Android version may be available before the iOS version simply because Apple does not support Flash on their devices and our program does use it, so we would need to rebuild it from the ground up to make it work on iOS devices.

Here is the response I got back from Teaching Textbooks:

We are definitely working on it, but we are also working on updating the higher grade levels of our software to the automated grading format that grades 3-Algebra 1 currently use. I don't have an estimate for when they will be complete but I do know that the Android version may be available before the iOS version simply because Apple does not support Flash on their devices and our program does use it, so we would need to rebuild it from the ground up to make it work on iOS devices.

Well at least the future is promising. :)