Menu

List of all cursive curric?

naturally

Is there a list somewhere of all cursive programs - whether independent or part of another program? With a sick baby, I don't have time to search all over.

Or can you list for me the ones you know of?

I'm trying to compare the fonts to teach DS but I need a somewhat guided approach. I don't want to have to create my own worksheets, etc.

Thanks.

I did my research awhile back and was close to purchasing Getty Dubay but at the last minute I went with The Joy Of Handwriting and a copy of StartWrite so I can make additional personalized worksheets.

I did a blog post recently about our beginning cursive progress. Feel free to check it out.

I hope your sick baby gets better soon!

5th editionWriting Road to Reading has EXCELLENT handwriting instructions. There are scripts on EXACTLY how to form each letter. The 6th edition came out and supposedly has even better handwriting instructions, but I have not seen it.

Spell to Read and Write has an actual handwriting program, with worksheets based on the Writing Road to Reading but I actually find the scripts in WRTR easier to use than the SRW Cursive First worksheets. When we look at worksheets, we start inferring how to make the letters, instead of concentrating on the script. It's a crutch that can get in the way.

You can buy the Cursive First font here to make up copy work worksheets, but it's expensive and...I'm really not so sure it's helpful, and might even be harmful. http://educationalfontware.com/

Edited by Hunter

I've used:

HWOT - great for printing, but I dislike the cursive style

Pictures in Cursive - Disappointing... (both the pictures and the cursive)

Spencerian - For me and my older daughter, interesting in a historical way -- my handwriting is much better than it used to be.

Pentime - I'm really happy with it!

We've used -

A Reason For Handwriting

Christian Liberty Academy's Writing With Prayer/Grace/etc. series (Palmer style)

Diana Hanbury King's Handwriting For Left-Handed Students

Spencerian Penmanship

For different reasons, I like them all.

Edited by Hedgehog

I've used:

HWOT - great for printing, but I dislike the cursive style

Pictures in Cursive - Disappointing... (both the pictures and the cursive)

Spencerian - For me and my older daughter, interesting in a historical way -- my handwriting is much better than it used to be.

Pentime - I'm really happy with it!

We are loving Pentime cursive! It has directions written directly to the student with reminders all throughout. I like the selections they are copying. My dd has beautiful cursive after using this book!

We use Zaner-Bloser Handwriting. Reasonably priced workbooks, good quality paper. Full color illustrations appeal to my son. We started with 2C and are currently finishing up 3C. Zaner-Bloser website offers a free worksheet maker, and I am planning to use it in the future to prepare copywork for cursive handwriting maintenance.

We use Zaner-Bloser Handwriting. Reasonably priced workbooks, good quality paper. Full color illustrations appeal to my son. We started with 2C and are currently finishing up 3C. Zaner-Bloser website offers a free worksheet maker, and I am planning to use it in the future to prepare copywork for cursive handwriting maintenance.

Where do you get these?