Menu

I need some of you best slow cooker or casserole recipes please!!

In the next few weeks my mom is going to be having a baby (see siggy) and she will not be able to do much during the course of this time, and I will be loaded down with a lot of things to do on top of my regular schoolwork. So I would really appreciate some easy, yet tasty crock pot (slow cooker) recipes and casserole recipes that will help make my life easier. If they are low calorie even better, and if not no problem, I just really need some extra recipes because I will not have time to prepare much. Anything will do, I am not picky and neither is my family, side dishes are also welcome.

TIA!!:bigear:

Not a casserole but we love BBQ chicken in the crock pot. It is just frozen chicken and BBQ sauce poured over it. Cooked on low all day.

Congrats for your mom she is lucky to have you help with the new baby.

Quick, easy, and sounds yummy, thank you! And thank you for the congratulations!:)

Chicken Tortilla soup is easy. There are many versions of it on Allrecipes.com. Pick one that fits your family.

I have used canned chicken in a pinch. However, it is much better with the real thing.

You can put the chicken in raw, in chunks, but I usually cook them first on the stove quickly and then add ot hte mixture in the crockpot.

If you use onions and peppers, fresh kind of veggies, they should be put on the bottom of the pot before you add beans and tomatoes. They cook better that way. Don't bother with making homemade tortilla chips, just serve it with a bag of chips, sour cream and shredded cheese on top.

If you can bake/cook up a bunch of chicken breasts one day , maybe even in the crockpot, you will have a start to some quick easy meals.

Another thing I have done for busy weeks is cook up a bunch of potatoes and hard boiled eggs. Put them in the fridge and you have the start to some fast meals. Egg salad sandwiches are easy for lunch.

Take some cooked chicken, those afore mentioned cooked potatoes and some onions and fry it up in a fry pan for maybe 10-15 mins. Serve with some applesauce and carrot sticks. Easy.

You can also put in chicken with a jar of salsa and a package of taco seasoning and let it cook for about 6 hours. There a lot of variations to this recipe. I have also heard of some adding beans to it.

Congratulations! :001_smile:

You can add 4 cans of black beans and 2 cans of corn. Everyone loves this at our house.

You'll be enjoying the new baby soon!

Pulled pork sandwiches

Het a pork butt/shoulder roast, place in crock pot with 1/4-1/2 cup water and cook all night, 8-10 hours in low. Shred meat, remove liquid and put back in on low with bbque sauce and leave on low for a few more hours. Serve on buns.

You can also cover it in root beer or Dr pepper to cook.

Brisket

Put Brisket in crock pot with 4 tbsps liquid smoke, salt and pepper. Cook on low for 6-8 hours, slice and serve with bbque sauce.

Enchiladas soup

4-5 frozen chicken breasts

One can red enchilada sauce

One can diced tomatoes

One bag frozen corn

One can black beans

4-5 cans chicken broth, to fill pot

Add ask and peper to taste

Cook on low 6-8 hours, or high about 4

Remove and shred chicken 30 minutes before serving and return to pot.

Serve with chips, cheese, and sour cream

Roasted chicken

Clean a whole chicken, remove giblets

Place in pot with salt, pepper an other favorite seasoning. We love lemon pepper or garlic.

Add half cup water and cok on low 6 hours. Check temp before serving. Of should be 165 in the middle.

Save the bones and skin, put back in crock pot, fill with water and cook on low all night. When you wake up you will have enough broth to make soup with.

My favorite things to do in the crockpot are:

1. Roast - so easy! Just put in roast, some carrots & potatoes and let cook all day. Add a package of dry onion soup mix for more flavor, but you don't have to.

2. Chili - so easy as well! Brown the ground beef, add a few cans of diced or stewed tomatoes, a few cans of dark red kidney beans and a packet of chili seasoning. Let cook all day!

3. White Chicken Chili - put in cooked/shredded chicken breasts, a few cans of white northern beans, about 1/2 a jar of salsa, a packet of taco seasoning. Let cook all day! Eat with corn chips, shredded cheese and sour cream! Yum!

4. BBQ Chicken - as many chicken breasts as you need, put them in frozen if you need to, a whole bottle of BBQ sauce. Voila! :)

5. Chicken and rice - if you do "cream of" soups, put in a few chicken breasts with 1-2 cans of cream of mushroom OR cream of chicken, let cook a few hours in the crockpot. Then, for a FAST meal, get the packages of rice you can just cook in the microwave. Fix a few of those bags of rice, put chicken over the rice with the gravy made from the soups. Easy peasy. :)

6. Easy Potato Soup - peel a bunch of potatoes (or get younger siblings to do so! ha!) put them all in the crockpot with several cups of chicken broth. Let cook most of the day, stir and MASH potatoes as you go. Add about a cup of milk 1-2 hours before you eat. Keep stirring and mashing every so often. Add some salt and whatever spices you like in your potato soup. We eat it with cheese and sometimes bacon on top!

7. Easy Tacos - put chicken breasts in crockpot with taco seasoning. Let cook for several hours or all afternoon. For dinner, just set out the quesadillas, cheese, tomatoes, lettuce, sour cream...let everyone spoon chicken into their quesadilla and put on whatever toppings they want!

Southwestern Beef Wraps

French Dip Sandwiches (most of the time I don't even bother searing the meat and they still turn out great)

And this recipe, which doesn't really have a title. We call it "That Crockpot Italian Chicken Cream Cheese Stuff"

3-4 chicken breasts

1 pkg dry Italian dressing mix

1/3 cup water

1 8-oz block cream cheese

1 can cream of chicken soup

cooked rice/noodles/mashed potatoes

Put the chicken breasts in the crockpot with the dry dressing mix and the water. Cook on low for 3-4 hours until chicken is cooked through. In a saucepan, combine cream cheese and cream of chicken soup over low heat until smooth. Remove chicken from crockpot. Strain broth and return to crockpot. Stir in cream cheese/soup mixture. Cube or shred the chicken and stir into the cheese/soup/broth mixture. Serve over rice, noodles or mashed potatoes.

Not a casserole but we love BBQ chicken in the crock pot. It is just frozen chicken and BBQ sauce poured over it. Cooked on low all day.

Congrats for your mom she is lucky to have you help with the new baby.

Yes! I cook it on high (fresh chicken breasts) for 3-4 hours or low (frozen) for 7-8 hours...

1 bottle (small) of bbq sauce

3 T Worcestershire sauce

1/4 cup italian salad dressing

Another easy is frozen meatballs and a jar of spaghetti sauce...

Potroast

1 can golden cream of mushroom

2 beef bouillion cubes or 1 can beef broth

3-4 lb roast

add in potatoes/carrots/onions about 2 hours before finished (cooked on low about 8 hours)

Congratulations on your baby brother! Exciting!

We like black beans in the crock pot. I don't have a recipe, just a bag of black beans and water. Maybe some diced onions and cumin. Cook on high. We love the beans on nachos with queso dip, sour cream, green onions, etc.

Refried Beans - We use these in place of taco meat for tacos and nachos.

Enchilada Casserole - I've made it with shredded chicken, hamburger, and the refried beans from above.

Crock Pot Jambalaya - DH likes this, I'm not a fan of jambalaya.

Red Beans and Rice - I don't remember the site for this recipe.

Ingredients

1 cup red beans

4 cups water

tablespoon cajun seasoning

1 1/2 teaspoons Tabasco sauce

1cup chopped celery

1 1/2 cup chopped onions

1 chopped green pepper

2 cloves garlic

1/2 pound spicy smoked sausage

2 cups diced ham

Notes / Directions

Sort through your beans and add them to your crock pot along with the water. Cook on high for 4 to 5 hours or until the beans are tender. If you prefer, you can also cook the beans on low overnight. Just increase the water to 5 cups.

Add the seasonings, vegetables and meat. Cook on low for another 4 hours or on high for 2 hours. You may need to add a little more water if the mixture gets to thick.

Serve with cooked white rice.

Meatloaf - We love this recipe!

Slow Cooker Chili Chicken Tacos

You can also put in chicken with a jar of salsa and a package of taco seasoning and let it cook for about 6 hours. There a lot of variations to this recipe. I have also heard of some adding beans to it.

Congratulations! :001_smile:

Love this! I add beans and corn to mine. Spoon it into tortillas and top with cheese.

We also love Ropa Vieja. Serve over rice.

Oh, and for a night away from the crock pot, we love mini meatloaf - only takes 30 minutes, start to finish! Just mix whatever you normally would for your meatloaf (I have regular, Italian, and Mexican varieties - depends on my mood) but instead of making a big loaf, make mini loaves, like a giant meatball. I find 2 lbs of meat plus 2 eggs, 1 cup breadcrumbs, and seasonings makes 8 mini loaves. Cook them at 350 for about 20-25 minutes. So much faster than full size meatloaf. And for a super easy meal, make some canned green beans and garlic bread to go with it. (Or even Betty Crocker instant mashed potatoes. :leaving:)

I like this one a lot. It's really good served over rice, or with lots of bread for dipping. You could probably cook this in the crock pot after the bacon is cooked and the veggies are sautéed. Just dump it in with the other ingredients and let it go 6 hrs. or so.

Favorite Lentil Soup

Total Preparation Time: 15 to 30 minutes

Actual Cooking Time: Apx. 60 minutes

Number of Servings: 12

Origin: Mediterranean & Mid-Eastern

Meal Type: Soups & Stews

Ingredients

9 strips (9 ounces ) bacon, cut into 1/2-inch pieces

2 Large onions, finely chopped

9 Medium carrots, peeled, halved lengthwise, and cut into 1/4-inch half-moons

Minced garlic to taste (or canned minced garlic, garlic powder, etc.)

1/2 can Tomato paste

4 1/2 cups Lentils, picked over and rinsed

1 1/2 teaspoon Dried thyme

6 cans (14 1/2 ounces each) chicken broth (10 1/2 cups)

3 tablespoons Red-wine vinegar

Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper

Preparation

1. In a Dutch oven (or other 5-quart pot with a tight-fitting lid), cook bacon over medium-low heat until browned and crisp, 8 to 10 minutes. Pour off all but 1 tablespoon fat.

2. Add onion and carrots; cook until softened, about 5 minutes. Stir in garlic, and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Stir in tomato paste, and cook 1 minute.

3. Add lentils, thyme, broth, and 2 cups water. Bring to a boil; reduce to a simmer. Cover; cook until lentils are tender, apx. 60 minutes.

4. Stir in vinegar, 1 1/2 Tbs. salt, and 3/4 teaspoon pepper. Serve immediately.

Note: If you prefer to leave out the bacon, skip step 1, and cook the onions and carrots in 3 tablespoons olive oil. You can also season with cinnamon sticks for a Moroccan flavor when you leave out the bacon. For more of a thicker stew, substitute one cup of barley for one of the cups of lentils.

Blessings,

Lucinda

P.S. Congratulations on your baby brother! Your mom is so lucky to have you. I am always so blessed whenever I read your posts. :)

Au Jus Sandwiches

1 packet au jus

1 roast big enough to feed everyone. Choose what is on sale. Some end up more shredded. It just doesn't matter.

Before bed put roast in crockpot and sprinkle with seasoning. DO NOT ADD WATER.

In the morning the house should smell good and the roast should look ruined:)

Cover with water, cook the rest of the day, make sandwiches for lunch and dinner.

Italian Sandwiches

1 roast

1 jar banana peppers or pepperconi with juice

put roast in pot, pour entire jar of peppers including juice over the top. Cook till dinner. serve on rolls with your favorite cheese. this is more of a philly cheesteak kind of sandwich.

If you habe leftovers from either you make soup. Just chunk or shred meat and add back to juices. Pour in a bag of your favorite frozen veg mix. Cook till lunch and you have soup. You add some barley if you want.

I like this one a lot. It's really good served over rice, or with lots of bread for dipping. You could probably cook this in the crock pot after the bacon is cooked and the veggies are sautéed. Just dump it in with the other ingredients and let it go 6 hrs. or so.

Favorite Lentil Soup

Total Preparation Time: 15 to 30 minutes

Actual Cooking Time: Apx. 60 minutes

Number of Servings: 12

Origin: Mediterranean & Mid-Eastern

Meal Type: Soups & Stews

Ingredients

9 strips (9 ounces ) bacon, cut into 1/2-inch pieces

2 Large onions, finely chopped

9 Medium carrots, peeled, halved lengthwise, and cut into 1/4-inch half-moons

Minced garlic to taste (or canned minced garlic, garlic powder, etc.)

1/2 can Tomato paste

4 1/2 cups Lentils, picked over and rinsed

1 1/2 teaspoon Dried thyme

6 cans (14 1/2 ounces each) chicken broth (10 1/2 cups)

3 tablespoons Red-wine vinegar

Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper

Preparation

1. In a Dutch oven (or other 5-quart pot with a tight-fitting lid), cook bacon over medium-low heat until browned and crisp, 8 to 10 minutes. Pour off all but 1 tablespoon fat.

2. Add onion and carrots; cook until softened, about 5 minutes. Stir in garlic, and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Stir in tomato paste, and cook 1 minute.

3. Add lentils, thyme, broth, and 2 cups water. Bring to a boil; reduce to a simmer. Cover; cook until lentils are tender, apx. 60 minutes.

4. Stir in vinegar, 1 1/2 Tbs. salt, and 3/4 teaspoon pepper. Serve immediately.

Note: If you prefer to leave out the bacon, skip step 1, and cook the onions and carrots in 3 tablespoons olive oil. You can also season with cinnamon sticks for a Moroccan flavor when you leave out the bacon. For more of a thicker stew, substitute one cup of barley for one of the cups of lentils.

Blessings,

Lucinda

P.S. Congratulations on your baby brother! Your mom is so lucky to have you. I am always so blessed whenever I read your posts. :)

Thank you so very much, I really appreciated that Lucinda.

And thank you all for your lovely recipes and Congragulations, it is so very appreciated!!:001_smile:

This is a really easy recipe. I've even used garlic powder instead of fresh garlic & it still comes out great.

* Fire-Roasted Tomato and Spinach Pasta

Ingredients

* 6 ounces linguine pasta

* 1 tablespoon olive oil

* 3 cloves garlic, minced

* 1 (14.5 ounce) can fire-roasted diced tomatoes, with juice

* 1 (9 ounce) box frozen creamed spinach, thawed

* salt and pepper to taste

Directions

1. Fill a large pot with lightly salted water and bring to a rolling boil over high heat. Once the water is boiling, stir in the linguine, and return to a boil. Cook the pasta uncovered, stirring occasionally, until the pasta has cooked through, but is still firm to the bite, about 11 minutes. Drain well in a colander set in the sink.

2. Meanwhile, heat the olive oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Stir in the garlic, and cook until softened, about 3 minutes. Stir in the fire-roasted tomatoes and bring to a simmer. Cook 1 minute before adding the creamed spinach. Cook and stir 5 minutes; season to taste with salt and pepper. Stir the drained linguine into the tomato sauce before serving.