Menu

Is it ok if dd took 2 Zyrtec?

Older dd, 12 yrs old and 100 lbs, takes one Zyrtec (actually generic) every night for her allergy (she's basically allergic to her own sweat).

She just took one and then came to me and said she thinks she accidentally took two. :glare: One a little bit ago and another just now.

Is she ok?

She'll be fine. I am not much bigger than her and allergic to my own spit....and one does nothing....I always take 2. I don't think one will hurt.

Sorry about her allergies....my oldest is like that too....:confused::grouphug:

Faithe

Thank you! I've been trying to find something about kids taking two and having no luck. I was starting to freak out a little.

Older dd, 12 yrs old and 100 lbs, takes one Zyrtec (actually generic) every night for her allergy (she's basically allergic to her own sweat).

She just took one and then came to me and said she thinks she accidentally took two. :glare: One a little bit ago and another just now.

Is she ok?

Rx doses are higher than the OTC dose. I wouldn't worry about it. Even if it's the Rx dose, it's a one-time thing, I wouldn't worry. If you are really worried, call your Dr.

I took too much as a teen and my only side effect was insomnia and I was jittery. I got sent home from school for it because I was acting a little like I was on speed but the school nurse told me it would wear off and was normal. She told me not to take 2 again. :tongue_smilie: I was under 90lbs at the time.

Is she ok?

I would call the local Poison Control Center. This is exactly the sort of thing they are good at, and they deal with all the time.