Menu

Slim fit swimsuits for little girls?

Lands End has changed the fit and cut of their suits and my DD comes in between their sizes now. They eliminated slim in the little girls' sizes.

Any good choices that you know of? DD swims all year in lessons and we're at the pool 5x week in the summer, so I need something that holds up well.

We had to give up on Land's End last summer, which really stinks b/c they were the only ones I had found previously that fit my skinny kiddos without gapping in the girl parts. They were my go-to until last summer.

I ended up last summer with 1 set from LLBean, and 2 from Chez Ami. I swore it was absurd and I'd never pay the Chez Ami prices, but I had to eat my words when I couldn't find anything else that fit. Hanna Andersson had some cute ones as well, but the tops were shorter in real life than in the picture, and DH thought they were too skimpy. I will probably try them again this year, but buy the longer top rather than the bikini top.

For skinny kids, we have had better luck with swim miniskirts than regular bottoms, as you don't have to worry about bagging in the hiney. Also, slight looseness in the crotch is covered!

We had to give up on Land's End last summer, which really stinks b/c they were the only ones I had found previously that fit my skinny kiddos without gapping in the girl parts. They were my go-to until last summer.

I was so upset with the suits I ordered from them most recently. I'd ordered quite a few and sent them all back. The new style was awful and nothing fit properly. It's unfortunate. I was so happy with their suits for my slim girl in the past!

If she is swimming year round, you need to check on competition suits (not the fast suits!). We have found Speedo Endurance suits to last the longest by far. They fit all body types. If you can find a swim shop, it is best to go in and try on suits. Let the people there assist you. A poor fitting suit (girls almost always want them to be way too big) will wear out a lot faster because it drags in the water.

If she is swimming year round, you need to check on competition suits (not the fast suits!). We have found Speedo Endurance suits to last the longest by far. They fit all body types. If you can find a swim shop, it is best to go in and try on suits. Let the people there assist you. A poor fitting suit (girls almost always want them to be way too big) will wear out a lot faster because it drags in the water.

Mini Boden suits are slim fitting.

We'll try check these options out, thanks!

DD is very girly and would not wear board shorts. She almost never wears shorts, period. All about dresses and skirts here!

Th speedo suit dd had last year was very flimsy and after about a month at the pool was saggy and very thin. I trashed it. I got it at Costco. I suspect Speedo makes a better suit for competitive swimmers?

Oh yes! Any lycra suit is going to wear out quickly. A month with 3 to 5 days a week of practice would be pretty typical. Look at the Endurance suits. I swear by them. My girls usually swim 9 practices a week. An Endurance suit will usually last a year (sometimes longer:tongue_smilie:).

Th speedo suit dd had last year was very flimsy and after about a month at the pool was saggy and very thin. I trashed it. I got it at Costco. I suspect Speedo makes a better suit for competitive swimmers?

We had the same issue with two Speedo's from Costco last year. We had NO issues the prior year so I was rather disappointed.

DD currently has a 2 piece tankini from Target that seems to fit well - it's shorts instead of a bikini bottom so it stays put with no gapping which we rarely get from a regular suit or 2 piece.

:iagree:

Speedo Endurance suits are awesome. Make sure you follow the washing recommendations. Chlorine eats swimming suits. The faster you can rinse the suit the longer it will last.

What about Nike? I found a couple I think are cute, but do they run slim enough?

I think Nike runs slim and long.

P.S. If someone has a suggestion for finding good prices on the Speedo Endurance, I'd love to know about it. dd is in a growth phase and I can't stand to pay regular price for a new suit or 2 every 6 months. :( She is swimming ~4-5x per week, so she needs a decent suit.....

Edited by sunriseiz