Menu

What does it mean when you dream that someone is pregnant?

And what if that someone is your mother?

My mom is definitely NOT pregnant.

It was a very vivid dream. She left me a note that said I was going to have a little brother (I have one sister). I ran after her as she was leaving my house (actually our house, my childhood home, which doesn't exist anymore) and we hugged and cried outside. She said she was afraid to tell me so she left a note instead. :confused:

That you ate the same bad pizza I had last week before I dreamed DH had another wife across the river. :tongue_smilie:

I don't know. I have really vivid dreams all the time about crazy, crazy stuff. I will wake up and lie in bed thinking about how I am going to stitch all of DH's boxer shorts closed, or how I am never speaking to whoever figured in my dream again..........then I realize it was only a dream. Sometimes stress makes the dreams more vivid, but I have never been able to find a real pattern.

The one and only time I ever dreamt that someone else was pregnant was when I found out I was pregnant. ;)

:leaving:

Little Mo here is 4mo and exclusively nursing. And anyway, DH has been home a grand total of 7 days since he was born. So I don't think that's happened yet!

When I'm pregnant I dream about tornadoes. :001_huh:

:lol: When I'm pregnant, I dream about every random person I knew as a child and teenager. It's like my brain needs to catalog my early relationships before I can bring another life into the world.

Two nights ago I dreamed that my molars were all cracking and falling out... and that I had three butt cheeks. What does THAT mean?!?!

ETA: I think the dream means you are sorting through your relationship with you mom, or maybe the reality of her getting older.

Some Australian aborigines believe a child doesn't really come to be until the mother has dreamed it out of the dream well. I think that got into my brain, because my babies get into my dreams in some fashion. I had a very vivid one of dd and with ds, it was as though he was making it obvious he was there but was not going to allow his privacy to be invaded by allowing me to see anything about him.

I was being stalked by three imaginary babies last week. Talk about guilt tripping a woman for stopping at two. I know their names and all!:glare:

Rosie- made neurotic by sleep deprivation, hopefully.

:leaving:

Little Mo here is 4mo and exclusively nursing. And anyway, DH has been home a grand total of 7 days since he was born. So I don't think that's happened yet!

My 2nd was 10 and 1/2 weeks when I found out I was pregnant with my 3rd. :D

I have had two dreams within the last ten days that I was pregnant and didn't know it. In the first dream I was six months pregnant before I found out. This is so unrealistic because I am so short there is no way I could hide a pregnancy for more than 2-3 months. In the second dream I am not sure how far along I was. In the dreams my cycles apparently kept coming even though I was pregnant. One can hope dreams like this come true, as I'd take more kids in a heartbeat!

So what does this all mean? I have NO idea!

I think it means that you wish you had a brother. :001_smile:

That's funny that she wrote you a note. :lol:

:lol: When I'm pregnant, I dream about every random person I knew as a child and teenager. It's like my brain needs to catalog my early relationships before I can bring another life into the world.

Two nights ago I dreamed that my molars were all cracking and falling out... and that I had three butt cheeks. What does THAT mean?!?!

ETA: I think the dream means you are sorting through your relationship with you mom, or maybe the reality of her getting older.

:smilielol5::smilielol5::smilielol5:

There's 3 LOL's for you in your honor. :cheers2:

in some dream interpretations, dreaming of a pregnancy may mean that something new is being born into your life.... so for example you might have a pregnancy dream if somewhere deep in your subconscious you were going to get a new job or get married or move or ????? is something new about to happen in your mom's life?

fwiw,

ann

in some dream interpretations, dreaming of a pregnancy may mean that something new is being born into your life.... so for example you might have a pregnancy dream if somewhere deep in your subconscious you were going to get a new job or get married or move or ????? is something new about to happen in your mom's life?

fwiw,

ann

Weird, I recently had a dream my friend was pregnant. She just told me she quit her job and is going through many transitions.

So have YOU taken a pregnancy test? :D

If the Hive wants me to take a pregnancy test and post a pic to prove that I am not pregnant, I will! I have a whole bunch of cheap HPTs and OPKs collected when I was charting. :tongue_smilie:

Maybe you should ask your mom if she miscarried or put a baby up for adoption. Maybe you heard about it when you were little and forgot. Or maybe you shouldn't ask. I agree with the others about taking a PT though. :D

Oh gosh, my mom WAS married and divorced before she met my dad. She had a really hard time in that marriage. If she had had a baby I do think she would have given it up for adoption. And I do know that she miscarried when I was little ... but so have I, so ...? I don't know what all that could mean.

Yet another vote for me taking a test. :lol:

I think she's about to have a huge falling-out with her sister, but other than that, she hasn't shared any big issues with me. That's an interesting idea though.

I just think it means you had an odd dream about your mom.

You would be surprised at what is at the root of your brain trying to sort things out through dreams. It can be pretty interesting. And I'm not somebody who is always looking for mystical things. But I have experienced realizing that dreams can have roots.

fwiw,

ann

This is what I have always heard about pregnancy dreams too.

But in reality, I think it's just this:

I just think it means you had an odd dream about your mom.

Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar... :tongue_smilie:

:lol::lol::lol::lol: Oh, thank you, I needed a really satisfying laugh tonight!!!

And I have heard that before, dreaming about all your teeth cracking and falling out! I think it's actually a common one. But I'm pretty sure that's the first time I've ever heard about a mysterious-third-butt-cheek dream! Have you been worried about your weight or how your pants are fitting, maybe?

When I'm pregnant I dream about tiny, mysterious things. I had the most amazing and vivid dream about being alone on a tiny tropical island and sitting for hours watching a tiny lizard swimming in a freshwater pool. I can still see it in my mind's eye!

I think she's about to have a huge falling-out with her sister, but other than that, she hasn't shared any big issues with me. That's an interesting idea though.

This could be it, actually. She's on the cusp of something, it doesn't really involve you but you'll still feel the emotional fallout from it, it may be painful but it may also clear the air, etc.

I had a night full of bizarre dreams last night myself too. First I bought a car without telling DH, then I was back in high school, living alone in my parents house and maybe being stalked by a weirdo outside--or just a high-school prankster...there were more, they went on for hours! Mysterious dreams make me nuts.

Edited by melissel

Two nights ago I dreamed that my molars were all cracking and falling out...

Okay that would totally freak me out! I don't know if it's just a Cuban thing or a Caribbean thing or what, but there is a superstition in our culture that if you dream of a tooth falling out someone close to you (in your family) is going to die. I always wake up in a sweat if I have a dream like that and will be scared to death about who it is going to be. The last one I had, my grandmother died. If I had a dream about my molars cracking and falling out, I would be FREAKING OUT!!!! :svengo: :eek:

and that I had three butt cheeks. What does THAT mean?!?!

Now this on the other hand..... :p I'm trying to even imagine a visual of what that must have looked like. :lol::lol::lol:

Okay that would totally freak me out! I don't know if it's just a Cuban thing or a Caribbean thing or what, but there is a superstition in our culture that if you dream of a tooth falling out someone close to you (in your family) is going to die. I always wake up in a sweat if I have a dream like that and will be scared to death about who it is going to be. The last one I had, my grandmother died. If I had a dream about my molars cracking and falling out, I would be FREAKING OUT!!!! :svengo: :eek:

I actually just googled "dreams about teeth cracking and falling out" and came up with tons of hits. My mom has had that dream before, I'm sure of it. I think it's a common one, like dreams about being overwhelmed by water or finding yourself sitting in a final exam, wondering how you managed to forget to go to the class for the entire semester. :rolleyes:

I actually just googled "dreams about teeth cracking and falling out" and came up with tons of hits. My mom has had that dream before, I'm sure of it. I think it's a common one, like dreams about being overwhelmed by water or finding yourself sitting in a final exam, wondering how you managed to forget to go to the class for the entire semester. :rolleyes:

It may be common (I've never had one like that though I've had dreams of my teeth falling out of their own accord), but it would still freak me out. I try not to be superstitious, but those dreams still scare me I confess. :001_huh:

It may be common (I've never had one like that though I've had dreams of my teeth falling out of their own accord), but it would still freak me out. I try not to be superstitious, but those dreams still scare me I confess. :001_huh:

I understand. It scares me silly when my MIL dreams that I'm pregnant and starts buying tiny baby clothes! And DH just starts talking loudly over her when she starts telling us about those dreams :D

(ETA: I'm so not making fun of you, in case it sounded that way. I totally get where you're coming from.)

I understand. It scares me silly when my MIL dreams that I'm pregnant and starts buying tiny baby clothes! And DH just starts talking loudly over her when she starts telling us about those dreams :D

:lol::lol::lol: Dreams are so weird aren't they?? :tongue_smilie:

(ETA: I'm so not making fun of you, in case it sounded that way. I totally get where you're coming from.)

Oh, I didn't take it that way at all. :) No worries.

Personally, I feel silly about myself because I realize that it's just me being superstitious and irrational and I shouldn't be, but it's sometimes hard to let go of ingrained ways of thinking, kwim?

:lol::lol::lol: Dreams are so weird aren't they?? :tongue_smilie:

SO weird! My mom and I can pick our dreams apart for hours on the phone :D Actually, she was the first person I thought of when I woke from my dream-fest this morning--I was all, "Oooh, I have to call my mom and see what she thinks this means!" She's very good at getting to the root of a dream's meaning.

SO weird! My mom and I can pick our dreams apart for hours on the phone :D Actually, she was the first person I thought of when I woke from my dream-fest this morning--I was all, "Oooh, I have to call my mom and see what she thinks this means!" She's very good at getting to the root of a dream's meaning.

That's so sweet! It's nice that you have that close a relationship with your mom. :p

Oh, I didn't take it that way at all. :) No worries.

Personally, I feel silly about myself because I realize that it's just me being superstitious and irrational and I shouldn't be, but it's sometimes hard to let go of ingrained ways of thinking, kwim?

And yes, I do know what you mean. Actually, my DH and my MIL are very serious about that kind of stuff too--well, my MIL is. DH knows the meanings of most dream superstitions, but he doesn't agonize about them or anything. Every once in awhile, though, I can spot when one of those kinds of things is bothering him. He finds it hard to ignore them too, and he's the most pragmatic person I know. He's Latino too, FWIW :D

And yes, I do know what you mean. Actually, my DH and my MIL are very serious about that kind of stuff too--well, my MIL is. DH knows the meanings of most dream superstitions, but he doesn't agonize about them or anything. Every once in awhile, though, I can spot when one of those kinds of things is bothering him. He finds it hard to ignore them too, and he's the most pragmatic person I know. He's Latino too, FWIW :D

Yeah, latin mamas and abuelitas really do a number on a little kid! :p hehe