Menu

Beefing up Expedition Earth

CarynB

I will be using Expedition Earth with a 1st, 3rd and 5th grader. I want to have a missions focus as well so I will be adding on Teaching with God's Heart for the World and Kids of Courage materials.

Has anyone already done this or something similar? I'd like to add missionary bios too...probably the ones from YWAM. What else should I add to beef up this program for my 5th grader? I see there are unit study/curriculum guides for the YWAM bios but I don't know much about them.

My 5th grader will also be using MUS, Intermediate Language Lessons, Writing Strands or IEW, Spelling Wisdom, and Bible. We are about a month into Apologia - Anatomy and Physiology and I'm wondering if we should finish this now or put it on hold and do more Earth science/biomes while we do our geography core (like MFW ECC does). Any thoughts on that as well would be appreciated!

I also have 2 Pre-K's and a toddler in the mix so I don't want to make it TOO complicated!

I'll have a 4th grader using Expedition Earth next year. We are actually going to use it for Bible, Geography and read-aloud books. We will use Windows on the World and missionary biographies, along with Bible memory work for Bible. I love the idea of using some of Teaching With God's Heart For the World too. Sonlight Core F and Higher Up and Farther In year 5 have some really good book choices for Africa, the Middle East and Asia.

We will also be doing American History and using related books for her readers/literature. I had already planned to do a mixture of the human body and plant science for next year and will probably use Apologia materials.

Caryn, have you already bought EE? I've downloaded everything and put it in a binder already.

Edited by leeannpal

• 1 month later...

Any updates on your progress or other thoughts on materials to use? I am considering using this with my 4th grader next year, but I need to do all the leg work now because our little one due this summer will be requiring heart surgery and frequent check-ups. Would this curriculum still be doable in our situation?