Menu

Four day stomach virus?

Okay, I thought tummy bugs lasted about 24 hours? My middle daughter became ill on Friday - pale, lethargic and developed diarrhea that evening. It is still going strong although she feels just fine between dashes to the bathroom. She does have Celiac Disease but insists that this doesn't feel like a Celiac reaction.

Our youngest started having stomach aches yesterday. She is anxious about some things and had a doctor's appointment this morning so I assumed she was just nervous about it. She woke up throwing up so severely that I had to cancel the doctor's appointment. She still feels queasy but isn't feeling 'bad'.

Neither of them have sore throats, fever, runny nose, cough, headaches, chills, etc.

Any idea of what this could be? They both are in a theatre production of Annie that starts on Friday and DD10 has a speaking part (she's Duffy). I haven't been to the doctor yet since this is just tummy stuff. But really, it's been 4 days for DD10. What am I missing? Dress rehearsal is tomorrow night.

That would make sense for DD10. Hers has been since Friday and she was in alarming state at that point. The school called (they were on a field trip) and said she was pale as a sheet (she stayed that way through the next day). She voluntarily agreed to forego a friend's birthday party that was also a dance.

DD7 just became ill yesterday.

I would think that the rest of us would be sick, too. We all tend to eat the same stuff.

We have this bug now! dh had it for 8 days, my 3 and 6 year olds are on day 7 and still getting sick, and my poor 10 month old is on day 2 (and I'm freaking out about dehydration!). Apparently, stomach bugs can last for 10 days! Everyone but the baby had a low grade fever the first 2 days. Good luck!!!!

I've had stomach bugs that lasted several days. everyone else ended up with them too, so I know it was a bug. (and our power went out, and we were forced to go camp at a relative's when I 'thought' we were past being contagious. we weren't. . . .)

Yeah, stomach bugs can have a wide range, apparently, even across the same family. We just had one (first time I barfed in, like, 10 years :glare:). I was SICK sick for three full days and horribly queasy for two more. DH was only mildly ill for two days. DD9 threw up+ for four days and was lethargic for several more. DD6--our usual, thumbsucking patient zero--was not sick for a single minute :001_huh:

It can definitely be a stomach virus. Sorry! :grouphug:

Thanks for all the replies. My youngest is now having diarrhea with her vomiting. My middle daughter still has diarrhea. On the bright side, they have to be better by Friday, right???

Well, one can hope! :D If it was anything like ours was, yes, we'd have been fine by the Friday in that time frame. I really hope you're all better when you need to be! We missed half of a week with several sets of out-of-state family visiting, which was a huge bummer. On the upside, we managed not to get any of them sick while unknowingly contagious *whew*

dd age 12 had a tummy bug that lasted from monday to friday. gravol/dramamine helped, but she lost 6 pounds in 5 days. dd age 13 had it friday to sunday..... the BRAT diet helped (bananas,rice, apples, tea), as did psyllium.... of course, ymmv....

:grouphug:

ann