Menu

RightStart style for Algebra

Reya

I've discovered that Gelfand's Algebra follows the kind of thought processes that RightStart encourages better than any secondary math I've ever seen. I thought it would be challenging, but it definitely connects all the dots for kids. Great stuff!

(I was actually a bit disappointed at first because the very first solution wasn't the best way of approaching that problem, but it's been really nice since then.)

It's meant to be enrichment only, but I was surprised, first of all, at how easy it is and secondly, how well it covers all the standard algebra topics.

I wouldn't do it alone, though, because it just doesn't have enough practice. It only has the "thoughtful" problems and nothing more.

It's meant to be enrichment only, but I was surprised, first of all, at how easy it is and secondly, how well it covers all the standard algebra topics.

I wouldn't do it alone, though, because it just doesn't have enough practice. It only has the "thoughtful" problems and nothing more.

Ditto. As for the best way to solve things, we've had a few discussions on this here. Naturally, I think my way is always the best one;) because it's "cleaner" than some of the other ways, but dd doesn't always see eye to eye. If she can make her case with logic, I let her do it her way, especially if it's what her text is teaching.