Menu

Oh good grief...

I worked on getting a "schedule" somewhat organized this weekend, and I was planning on starting Monday. I was really excited about it because right now, we are still flying by the seat of our pants! Anyway, the day I was going to start, WHAM the kids get sick. Then yesterday, I got a migraine. I guess that's just how things go. I am just really ready to be productive and right now, I feel like I haven't been a very good homeschooling mom. Here's to tomorrow!:confused:

This was me last week. All these great plans laid out then BAM, pollen count was high, and I get a migraine, vertigo, blocked sinusis. It's Jan and the pollen count is already high. What will spring be like. I spent most of the week in a Benadryl haze.

I let my ds watched movies that we related to what we are studying.

Ratatoullie and Flushed Away - Rodents

The Great Escape, Father Goose and Bridge on the River Kwai - WWII

Talk about being a bad mom, but sometimes you just have to let school slide.

Sarah

Oh man. How disappointing!! I sure hope everyone feels better soon!

If it helps (mysery loves company and all that), we were just on vacation right after Christmas for two weeks. We were all ready to start back on our school routine when each child came down with something or another. We finally did start back up on Monday (minus the one still-sick child).

I worked on getting a "schedule" somewhat organized this weekend, and I was planning on starting Monday. I was really excited about it because right now, we are still flying by the seat of our pants! Anyway, the day I was going to start, WHAM the kids get sick. Then yesterday, I got a migraine. I guess that's just how things go. I am just really ready to be productive and right now, I feel like I haven't been a very good homeschooling mom. Here's to tomorrow!:confused:

That's our story of homeschooling. God must be trying to teach me to be flexible :eek:. I think since August, we've probably had about 3-4 weeks total of following my lovely schedule. But, somehow, we've still managed to make progress--not as much as I had planned, but I have to remember it's a marathon, not a sprint :rolleyes:.

I hope tomorrow is wonderful :D!

I do that, and I get so jazzed up about THE PLAN... and then I want to fall apart when things fall apart around me. That's when one of the boys looks at me and says something like, 'Isn't this when you always tell us how good it is to be flexible?'

Uh... well, yes. But... well, *sigh* Yes. (But I don't wanna be flexible!) LOL.

I hope you're all feeling better soon. {{{hugs}}}

Dy