What's with the ads?

#1 melmichigan

melmichigan

sitting on "The Fence"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4536 posts

Posted 06 January 2012 - 06:52 PM

I just realized today that the addition and subtraction Beta test versions are available for download. My DS is thrilled. :)

#2 serendipitous journey

serendipitous journey

Hive Mind Queen Bee

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 2387 posts

Posted 06 January 2012 - 07:00 PM

I just realized today that the addition and subtraction Beta test versions are available for download. My DS is thrilled. :)

... have you tried them yet? Button's having lots of fun with the free Timez Attack, and I just upgraded it for him; but he detested the addition/subtraction. Maybe he must messed the pre-test up, though ...

#3 Canadianmumof5

Canadianmumof5

Hive Mind Queen Bee

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1294 posts

Posted 06 January 2012 - 07:00 PM

:hurray:

I've been waiting and waiting......DS5 will be so happy!

#4 krisperry

krisperry

Hive Mind Royal Larvae

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 696 posts

Posted 06 January 2012 - 07:10 PM

:confused: Where is the download? All I see is the multiplication and division. Thanks!

#5 Canadianmumof5

Canadianmumof5

Hive Mind Queen Bee

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1294 posts

Posted 06 January 2012 - 08:05 PM

OK DS5 just played for the last 20 minutes and it is a HIT!! :thumbup:

This will be perfect as a supplement to his math - he was getting kinda frustrated with the multiplication....duh.

#6 Homeschooling6

Homeschooling6

Empress Bee

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2949 posts

Posted 06 January 2012 - 08:05 PM

:confused: Where is the download? All I see is the multiplication and division. Thanks!

I don't see it either. The link below doesn't show a download button.
http://www.bigbrainz...Subtraction.php

#7 Canadianmumof5

Canadianmumof5

Hive Mind Queen Bee

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1294 posts

Posted 06 January 2012 - 08:07 PM

I'm not sure??
I was slightly annoyed when we went to start it and it asked for my order# and email.....had to spend 10 minutes going back in my emails looking for it :glare:

But it worked fine after that.
Have you purchased the levels from Big Brainz or are you using the free one?
Maybe they haven't released the Beta test as a free option?

#8 go_go_gadget

go_go_gadget

Hive Mind Level 6 Worker: Scout Bee

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 485 posts

Posted 06 January 2012 - 08:08 PM

I didn't see anything on the site, but when I emailed they sent me a download link.

#9 kim.4dogs

kim.4dogs

Hive Mind Level 4 Worker: Builder Bee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 289 posts

Posted 06 January 2012 - 08:15 PM

I have purchased the multiplication one, but I don't see the addition one available yet. And I'm on their email list, but I haven't received an email either. I hope it's available soon, because my son can't wait!

#10 kim.4dogs

kim.4dogs

• Members
  • Pip
  • 289 posts

Posted 06 January 2012 - 08:17 PM

I didn't see anything on the site, but when I emailed they sent me a download link.

Good idea! I just emailed them, too. Thanks!

#11 Canadianmumof5

Canadianmumof5

Hive Mind Queen Bee

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1294 posts

Posted 06 January 2012 - 08:19 PM

So for those of you that already have it installed on your computers, go and activate/launch (whatever it's called) it. When we did this - it asked for our order# and email address......which it has NEVER done before now. Once we did this - it took us into the program and then we could choose which participant and then which program (addition/subtraction or multiplication, etc).

Hopefully that works?

#12 Homeschooling6

Homeschooling6

Empress Bee

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2949 posts

Posted 06 January 2012 - 08:25 PM

I've ordered both the mult. and div. and am on their email list :glare:

Downloading the free version won't mess up my current mult. and div.? I'm just wondering because when I purchased the div. it reset the mult. so the kids had to start over again (this was when the div. first came out but am just wondering...)

I just sent an email as well ;)

Edited by Homeschooling6, 06 January 2012 - 08:28 PM.

#13 Kathleen.

Kathleen.

Hive Mind Level 3 Worker: Honeymaking Bee

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 374 posts

Posted 06 January 2012 - 09:16 PM

My kids like it too. We were waiting for it to be added at Christmas time. We just use the free version since they don't play that often.

#14 melmichigan

melmichigan

sitting on "The Fence"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4536 posts

Posted 06 January 2012 - 10:00 PM

I downloaded the updated free version (the kids were working on the old one). Once you choose a child you can choose addition and subtraction and then follow the prompts to download that additional portion.

#15 Nart

Nart

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 645 posts

Posted 07 January 2012 - 01:49 PM

I tried to download math but didn't have any luck. When I go to the website and click on addition, it opens a link to add your email and says addition is coming soon. I tried downloading multiplication to see if a link for addition would appear but only the multiplication and division showed up. Has anyone been able to access addition who hasn't paid for multiplication or division?

#16 tomandlorih

tomandlorih

Hive Mind Royal Larvae

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 963 posts

Posted 07 January 2012 - 02:11 PM

I tried to download math but didn't have any luck. When I go to the website and click on addition, it opens a link to add your email and says addition is coming soon. I tried downloading multiplication to see if a link for addition would appear but only the multiplication and division showed up. Has anyone been able to access addition who hasn't paid for multiplication or division?

:iagree:This is what I got too.. so bumping for any ideas you all have. Or for answers to the bolded. Thanks!

#17 kbpaulie

kbpaulie

Hive Mind Queen Bee

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1127 posts

Posted 07 January 2012 - 10:54 PM

We have not paid for anything and were able to get to addition yesterday. We were doing multiplication in the past. Yesterday went to http://www.bigbrainz.com/ Chose downloads (home-use) from the top. At the bottom in tiny print chose free/ full on-line version. Then if I recall it loaded some stuff. I at some point had to enter an email and I think a user name or something like that. we then set-up children and then chose game - which gave us the option of all 4 operations. I know if took about 10 minutes to load - may just be my PC.

Best of luck - let us know if it works.

#18 tomandlorih

tomandlorih

Hive Mind Royal Larvae

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 963 posts

Posted 07 January 2012 - 11:19 PM

We have not paid for anything and were able to get to addition yesterday. We were doing multiplication in the past. Yesterday went to http://www.bigbrainz.com/ Chose downloads (home-use) from the top. At the bottom in tiny print chose free/ full on-line version. Then if I recall it loaded some stuff. I at some point had to enter an email and I think a user name or something like that. we then set-up children and then chose game - which gave us the option of all 4 operations. I know if took about 10 minutes to load - may just be my PC.

This worked for me! THANK YOU!!

#19 kim.4dogs

kim.4dogs

• Members
  • Pip
  • 289 posts

Posted 07 January 2012 - 11:54 PM

This didn't work for me. I really want to get it, and I can't figure out what I could be doing wrong!

#20 melmichigan

melmichigan

sitting on "The Fence"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4536 posts

Posted 08 January 2012 - 11:36 AM

This didn't work for me. I really want to get it, and I can't figure out what I could be doing wrong!

I downloaded the multiplication and division (the new version) and then once I chose a child's name to start a new game it asked what application I wanted. When I chose addition and subtraction it asked if I wanted to download that additional application, which we did.

What's with the ads?