Menu

I am facing a strong desire to change my son's history program in the middle of the year. We are currently using Exploring America by Notgrass and have completed Volume 1. None of us is satisfied with it. The downfall is that he would not have a discussion group for this subject like he does for the Notgrass book.

I am looking at a book that I received free from a local private school. It is A History of the United States by Boorstin. We love his writing and remember it well from his Landmark history book. The book has the chapters divided into sections w/a few questions at the end of each section, then end of chapter questions and end of unit questions. I would start him in Chapter 14, which is just a little before the end of Vol. 1 of the Notgrass program. I think the combination of the reading, questions and a few TC lectures might work out to finish up his high school history credit. I think that for quizzes & I can pull the concepts from the questions in the chapter and make my own. I don't have the teacher book & don't want to buy it.

Does this plan make sense?